Top Ten Tuesday | 14 Amazing Authors I Want to Meet

October 1, 2018 28 Comments

Top Ten Tuesday | 14 Amazing Authors I Want to Meet

October 1, 2018 28 Comments
Top Ten Tuesday October 2

Hey, hey Top Ten Tuesday friends! That’s right it’s Tuesday again, and the first of a new month (where’d you go September!?). This week we get to send out some author love – and I think that’s pretty darn cool. Here we go Top Ten Tuesday October 2 edition.

That Artsy Reader Girl \\\ Top Ten Tuesday October 2: Authors I’d Love To Meet

(This post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details.)

Authors. Without their words, we would not have the privilege of calling ourselves book worms. Without their imagination, how would we travel to lands with dragons or an ice covered world in which a witch wants to keep winter forever. In short, what would this world look like without the creative and colorful minds of authors? Grim, I’d wager.

This is why whenever there’s a chance to showcase authors and share all the love for them, I’m all for it. Today’s Top Ten Tuesday list is all about authors, and more specifically about authors we might like to meet. On one hand I feel kind of bad publicizing this list because I know soon as I do I’ll remember one or more (let’s be real, likely more) authors who I’d love to meet. But on the other hand, I do want to spotlight the amazing authors I did place on this list.

Let’s meet a few of the authors I’d like to meet, although, in the spirit of being real, I’d probably just stand there like a loony toon and be all like, “…I loved your book!”

Top Ten Tuesday October 2 | 14 Amazing Authors I Want to Meet

1: Joanne Bischof | Joanne’s writing style is delicate and beautiful much like she is. Through social media and emails, I’ve come to know her as a lovely person who I’d be honored to meet, and she seems like the kind of lady it’d be fun to grab coffee with at a cute coffee shop. Her latest novel is Sons of Blackbird Mountain (ps: go read this one!) Amazon | GoodreadsTop Ten Tuesday October 2

2: Kiera Cass | Kiera’s book, The Selection is probably the first book I read that’s secular YA, and as such, the novel that brought me to the genre. Plus, it’s still my favorite “guilty pleasure” read. Her latest novel is The Crown. Amazon | Goodreads

3: Lorie Langdon | Lorie’s books are full of adventure (‘Doon’ series) and atmospheric qualities (Gilt Hollow). She’s always been lovely to exchange Twitter convos with. Her latest novel is Olivia Twist. Amazon | Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday October 2

4: Rachel McMillan | Rachel is someone I “met” through a webzine long before I realized a: she writes (novels that is) and b: she had a book deal! Needless to say, when I learned she was set to publish a debut novel, my excitement for her went sky high. Plus, she’s always and forever up for fangirl conversations which means, she’d be the girl to chat all things Endeavour or Jo and Professor Bahr with. Her latest novel is Rose in Three-Quarter Time. Amazon  | Goodreads

5: Dani Pettrey | From the final page of Dani’s debut novel, Submerged until her latest books, she’s been one of my favorite authors. Through the years I’ve had the honor of being on launch teams for her books, and she’s always been so kind with readers. Her latest novel is Cost of Betrayal (novella collection). Amazon | Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday October 2

6: Katherine Reay | Another lovely lady who writes lovely stories. Who wouldn’t enjoy the chance to meet an author who’s words made you wish you could write!? As is always the case, reading Katherine’s next novel (The Printed Letter Bookshop, out in 2019) is high on my reader priority list. Her latest novel is The Austen Escape. Amazon | Goodreads

7: Bell Renshaw | Bell’s Indie novella romances are darling, and she’s also a really nice person. Whether it’s her curated (aka beautiful) Instagram account or the encounters launch team members have with her, she’s always so positive and kind. Her latest novella is As Easy as Riding a Bike. Amazon | Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday October 2

8: Amber Stokes | Ah, the wonderful world of blogging. While I love many things about this community, one of them is the many people I’ve “met” over these 7 years. One of whom is this lovely lady. Again, I met Amber prior to her adding “author” to the list of her many talents. Her latest novella is Where Hearts Collide. Amazon | Goodreads

9: Sarah Sundin | Sarah’s beautiful WWII novels are forever one of my favorite new release books to pick up. Not only does she write charming historical novels, Sarah is also a generous author who is also so quick to chat with readers on Twitter, and even through blogs. Her latest novel is The Sea Before Us. Amazon | Goodreads

10: Melissa Tagg | Joy and romance are two words a reader can attribute to Melissa’s books. Joy is also a word you can say of Melissa’s content. Whether it’s her social media accounts (which is often full of her cute nieces and nephew) or her though-provoking blog posts, she’s a cool person to “know.” Her latest novel is All this Time. Amazon | Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday October 211: Becky Wade | Becky writes THE best romantic-comedy fiction, plus she’s been so kind to consider Finding Wonderland for each of her releases. Her books make me smile wide, and leave me wishing I could immediately pick up her next project. The let-down comes when I realize it’s a yearlong wait between each new book. Her latest novel is Falling for You. Amazon | Goodreads

12: Courtney Walsh | Courtney (like so many of these authors) has generously sent me a copy of her book, Change of Heart. It’s a novel I was thrilled to receive and also the first of her books I read. It did not disappoint. Her latest novel (which also doesn’t disappoint) is Just Look Up. Amazon | Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday October 213: Susan May Warren | Susan has written SO many novels, and not to be outdone by a number, she’s also writes across the genres. From historical to contemporary or contemporary suspense, she writes a multitude of genres, and each one she does brilliantly. If she tackles a new genre, I’ve no doubt she’ll do it well. Her latest novel is Wait for Me. Amazon | Goodreads

14: Kasie West | Love Kasie’s books. They’re like pieces of contemporary romantic-comedy magic. Her latest novel is Listen to your Heart. Amazon | Goodreads

FINDING WONDERLAND on BOOKTUBE*

*video publishes Tuesday afternoon; channel linked above

Tell me, which authors make your “must-meet” list? Is there a specific reason why you’d like to meet them? Share all your author and/or bookish thoughts below. I look forward to the conversations.

If you joined today’s meme, make sure and leave your Top Ten Tuesday links below so I can visit – or simply introduce your blog. I’d be glad to visit your bookish spaces.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland.

PS: before you go…if you’d like to have Finding Wonderland’s new content sent to your inbox; sign up for our once (or twice) monthly round up of new content. (In order to sign up, you will be asked to confirm via email; if you don’t confirm, you will not receive the newsletter. Please note, this may also end up in your spam or trash folder.) If you’d like to have this newsletter sent to your inbox, you can enter your email address here.

• Greg October 1, 2018 at 11:13 pm

Kiera Cass and Kasie West would both be awesome to meet, I’m sure! The other ones I don’t know, but this is such an awesome topic. I like how you did your intro- it’s so true, authors and the worlds they create give us so much!

• Amanda Holmes October 1, 2018 at 11:17 pm

I should of thought to add a Rachel to my list, since she is such a fun writer!

• Rissi JC October 1, 2018 at 11:43 pm

She IS indeed a fun writer. :)

Thanks for visiting, Amanda.

• Dani October 1, 2018 at 11:24 pm

I really need to get around to some Kasie West. Do you have a fave you would recommend starting with?

• Rissi JC October 1, 2018 at 11:30 pm

Oh my goodness!! How to pick a favorite Kasie West novel…! I’d say try The Distance Between Us or Lucky in Love. They’ve all been (so far) winner’s in my book. :)

Thanks for the visit, Dani.

• Chrissi Reads October 1, 2018 at 11:29 pm

As I scrolled down, I thought Kasie West is going to be here… saved her to last! :-) I’d liked to meet quite a few of these authors.

• Brooke Lorren October 2, 2018 at 1:52 am

Rachael McMillan sounds like fun. It’s cool that we get to “talk” to some really great authors through Twitter and on blogs, at least. Even if we never get to meet the in person.

Brooke Lorren recently posted: Authors I’d Love to Meet (Top Ten Tuesday)
  • Miranda Atchley October 2, 2018 at 7:32 am

Great list, Rissi! Rachel and Amber made my list, too. 😊 They’re such great gals; who wouldn’t want to meet them? Have a great Tuesday!

• Cholla October 2, 2018 at 9:45 am

I’ve not read any of these authors, but I have been eyeing Kiera Cass for some time now.

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

• rachel mcmillan October 2, 2018 at 12:31 pm

I WANT TO MEET YOU TOO!

• Amber Holcomb October 2, 2018 at 12:36 pm

Aww, I would be delighted to meet you too, Rissi! Thank you so much for including me on your list. :) I’ve gotten to know a few people in real life that I first met online: Casey Herringshaw (which was a lot of fun!), Sandra Leesmith (a super sweet client and friend!), and Josh. <3 It's totally weird at first, but then wonderful. :)

~Amber

P.S. Waving to Miranda! You and Rissi are too kind. :)

• Rissi JC October 6, 2018 at 12:45 pm

My pleasure, Amber. I know what you mean about the “awkward stage.” It’s awkward to meet someone IRL even if you do’t “know” them from any platform. But as you say, once both of you get past it, it’s nice.

Aw, how fun! Casey is lovely.

Hope you’re doing well. Hugs.

• Casey @ caseydillabooks October 2, 2018 at 1:19 pm

I love photos and style of your post! It’s beautiful. I didn’t think about including Kiera Cass on my list was I would totally love to meet her one day!

My TTT: http://www.caseydillabooks.com/2018/10/top-ten-tuesday-authors-id-love-to-meet.html

• Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense October 2, 2018 at 7:37 pm

All these books look like lots of fun and Kasie West! I wouldn’t mind meeting her, if only to find out how she writes so fast!

• Lisa @ Bookshelf Fantasies October 3, 2018 at 12:19 am

I’ve read three of Katherine Reay’s books so far, and thought they were so touching and really well done — so, yes, she’d be one I’d love to meet as well!

• Kyra Morris October 3, 2018 at 9:01 am

This has reminded me that I really need to read more Kasie West and Kiera Cass books! Their books sound really good.

My TTT post!

• Mara @ Across the Books October 3, 2018 at 12:25 pm

Oh I would love to meet Kiera Cass as well! The Selection was one of the first YA trilogies I read, back when dystopian books were all the hype! They may not be the best, but they’re so much fun to read :D