12 of the Novels Perfect for the Foodie in All of Us. Talking 12 books perfect for foodies! Which of these have you read? Text © Rissi JC

12 of the Novels Perfect for the Foodie in All of Us

August 31, 2020 34 Comments

Some of us snack while we read, and others of us just find some yummy (sounding) food inside the pages of our books. I tend to be a reader who doesn’t snack while flipping pages, but this doesn’t mean I don’t read some books that are ideal for foodies. As a result, today we talk about books perfect for foodies!

LIST | 12 of the Most Fun Half-Hour TV Shows

I decided to limit this to the books I own rather than expand it to all the books out there because a: there are a lot and b: I’d rather know a little something about these featured books, even if some I haven’t read. Which is true, many of these I haven’t yet read, and so their placement here is based on their cover art which seems to suggest there’d be some yummy treats inside the pages.

Let’s take a look at the books on my shelves that fit this.

Books Perfect for Foodies

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details. If you have purchased anything through our links, thank you. We’re grateful.)

1: Tell me Three Things, by Julie Buxbaum

I mean, there are waffles on the cover. Not sure this plays into the plot, but who doesn’t love waffles? Amazon | Goodreads

2: The Unliklies, by Carrie Firestone

Don’t know if this has anything to do with food as a story, but we have to love all that ice cream on the cover, right? Amazon | Goodreads

3: The Way You Make Me Feel, by Maurene Goo

This one doesn’t indicate its foodie connection on the cover, but the YA heroine does work on her father’s food truck, so it’s got a place on this list. Amazon | Goodreads

4: The Wishing Season, by Denise Hunter

This one has all those winter vibes on its cover art, but it also features a main character as a chef. Amazon | Goodreads

5: The Supper Club (Series), by Carla Laureano

I mean, not only does this series feature some tasty-looking covers, there are also some delish dishes inside these pages. The stories of friendship (and romance!) hurt nothing either. Amazon | Goodreads

6: Two Blue Doors (Series), by Hillary Manton Lodge

This entire series teems with food; so many descriptions and family meals together. Plus, who doesn’t like a good family saga? Amazon | Goodreads

7: Save the Date, by Morgan Matson

Another one I doubt is all about food, but I kinda’ had to include this one (even though it’s about a wedding in which everything goes wrong) because that cake looks good. Amazon | Goodreads

8: When Dimple Met Rishi, by Sandhya Menon

I do love a good Frappuccino now and again (no matter how bad they are), so yes, this one gest a mention – and I also still need to read this one book! Amazon | Goodreads

9: As Easy as Cherry Pie, by Bell Renshaw

Along with a sweet hero, the leading lady her is a baker who bakes up some pretty yummy (sounding!) treats. Amazon | Goodreads

10: Prince in Disguise, by Stephanie Kate Strohm

Probably doesn’t have much to do with food, but on a crisp autumn day, there’s nothing like a cup of our favorite warm beverage!? Plus this book (about a prince!) sounds too cute. That’s always reason enough to feature a book. Amazon | Goodreads

11: Stay Sweet, Siobhan Vivian

Ice cream seems a theme on today’s list, but who doesn’t enjoy the decedent treat? Amazon | Goodreads

12: Love & Gelato, by Jenna Evans Welch

Traveling to Italy is reason enough to pick up a book, but if there’s some tasty food involved, it’s twice as good. Amazon | Goodreads

What books make your list today; any on this list that you’ve read and highly recommend?? Any delicious-themed books I missed that I should be looking at? Comment all of your thoughts below.

PINTEREST PIN

12 of the Novels Perfect for the Foodie in All of Us. What books would YOU recommend? #TopTenTuesday #BookLovers #BookNerd #Bookish Click To Tweet

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl and Top Ten Tuesday September 1: Books That Make Me Hungry (They could have food items on the cover, foods in the title, be about foodies or have food as a main plot point… they could be cookbooks or memoirs, etc.)

• Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys September 1, 2020 at 12:33 am

The only book I’ve heard of on your list is Tell Me Three things with the little waffles. I actually read it and don’t remember anything about waffles, but, it is a clever cover! Good cover choices for all sorts of food!
    my list: https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/top-10-tuesday-hungry-books

• Rissi JC September 14, 2020 at 7:33 pm

I wondered about the role (or lack of) the waffles in “Tell Me Three Things” too. But as you say, it’s cute anyway. :) Thanks for the visit, Terrie.

• Anna September 1, 2020 at 1:00 am

I didn’t even think of using Tell Me Three Things! Great picks! Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday List!

• Rissi JC September 14, 2020 at 7:33 pm

Thanks! It was fun to include. :)

• sprite September 1, 2020 at 1:14 am

Love & Gelato made my list as well this week.

• Rissi JC September 14, 2020 at 7:33 pm

It’s a perfect fit. :) Thanks for the visit.

• Brooke Lorren September 1, 2020 at 1:18 am

Looks like When Dimple Met Rishi is going to be on a lot of lists this week. It made mine too.

Brooke Lorren recently posted: Questions for Authors
    • Rissi JC September 14, 2020 at 7:34 pm

YES! I thought it was a good fit. :)

• Mareli @ Elza Reads September 1, 2020 at 1:24 am

Okay, I will have to get my hands on Love and Gelato as soon as possible. I’ve seen it featured numerous times on this week’s TTT. The rest I don’t know at all. But they do look yummy!

Happy TTT and here’s my 10 Books that make me hungry

Mareli @ Elza Reads recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday - 10 Books that make me Hungry
    • Rissi JC September 14, 2020 at 7:39 pm

Doesn’t ‘Love & Gelato’ look fun!? I still need to read it as well. :) Hopefully we’ll both enjoy. Appreciate your visit, Mareli.

• Greg September 1, 2020 at 2:29 am

I’ve always loved that cover for Tell Me Three Things. Something about it (haha maybe the waffles lol). :)

And Love & Gelato is so good!

• Rissi JC September 14, 2020 at 7:40 pm

Right!? :) Always good to hear about a book being good! Thanks for the visit, Greg.

• Marg September 1, 2020 at 4:53 am

Love and Gelato sounds so good!

• Rissi JC September 14, 2020 at 7:42 pm

I agree. Sounds like a lovely read indeed. :) Thanks for the visit, Marg.

• Bobby September 1, 2020 at 5:57 am

I actually just finished Save the Date and there’s suprisingly a few mentions of food in it, plenty of breakfast runs for bagels and doughnuts! I also really need to read When Dimple Met Rishi (frappuccinos are so bad but so good!) hopefully I’ll get round to it soon too. Great list!

• Rissi JC September 14, 2020 at 8:03 pm

YAY! It’s a good addition then. Gotta’ love a good doughnut. :) Thanks so much for the visit, Bobby.

• Lydia September 1, 2020 at 10:19 am

I don’t know what a supper club is. Can I assume it’s a group of friends who take turns making meals for everyone? If so, that sounds marvellous.

My post .

• Rissi JC September 14, 2020 at 8:06 pm

This supper club is about a woman who hosts a monthly (I think…!) dinner club as a kind of “exclusive” dining experience. That’s how it starts, but then the series expands beyond that to the women who are friends with the main character from book one. :) Thanks for the visit, Lydia.

• Rachel September 1, 2020 at 12:16 pm

Now I want waffles and ice cream 😂 Great post!

• Rissi JC September 14, 2020 at 8:06 pm

Hey, sometimes we have to splurge on a tasty treat, right? Thanks for the visit, Rachel. :)

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads September 1, 2020 at 1:07 pm

I really want to read Love and Gelato, if only for the gelato :)
    I didn’t realize The Way You Make Me Feel had a food truck, but it sounds like a lot of fun!

• Rissi JC September 14, 2020 at 8:07 pm

SAME! Maurene’s books are always fun! Have you read any by her? Thanks for the visit, Lindsey.

• Deanna @ A Novel GLimpse September 1, 2020 at 4:58 pm

Now that I see Save the Date here and think about it, that one made me want to eat, too. Wedding cake, especially. Nice list!

• Rissi JC September 14, 2020 at 8:07 pm

A good piece of cake is always in style. :) Thanks for the visit, Deanna.

• Lauren @ Always Me September 1, 2020 at 8:39 pm

One of these days I’d like to try The Unlikelies and Love and Gelato. Thanks for sharing!

Lauren @ Always Me

• Rissi JC September 14, 2020 at 9:28 pm

They both sure LOOK sweet, right!? :)

• Ronyell (a.k.a Rabbitearsblog) September 1, 2020 at 9:09 pm

Oooh! I own Save the Date and Tell Me Three Things! I can’t wait to read those books soon! Great list!

• Rissi JC September 14, 2020 at 9:28 pm

Hope we both enjoy these, Ronyell! :) Thanks for the visit.

• bn100 September 2, 2020 at 12:52 am

some fun covers

• Poinsettia September 2, 2020 at 8:07 am

I love all the look of the ice cream too! Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

• Rissi JC September 14, 2020 at 9:30 pm

YES! We all love some ice cream now and again, right!? :)

• Dedra @ A Book Wanderer September 2, 2020 at 11:10 am

I enjoyed Save the Date, and I finally recently read Love & Gelato. Now I get the hype. Such a cute book. <3

• Rissi JC September 14, 2020 at 9:30 pm

Aw, so fun! Glad “Love and Gelato” is good. It looks darling. :) Thanks, as always, for visiting here, Dedra.