It’s that time of year again, the time when jingle bells aren’t ringing outside our door, but on our TV screens, there’s plenty of the winter fun to be had. Of course, we are speaking of Christmas movies, and today we feature the Lifetime original, Forever Christmas.
The third in the network’s line up, this film has a fun premise and recognizable stars and director; all of whom make this seem like one of those fun and entertaining little films that you can put on, sit back and turn off that brain. Not only because it’s got some Christmas-y storytelling, but also just because it’s a happy-go-lucky joy fest.
STORY | Penned by screen writer, Gary Goldstein (and based on the novel of the same name), the film follows Chelsea Hobbs’ Sophia Worthy, a TV exec who must base a reality show around a man who celebrates the season 365 days a year. Will Saunders is the perfect nice guy, and as they spend days working together, forming a friendship, Sophie finds herself doing the one thing she shouldn’t; she begins to fall for her star…!
WHY YOU MAY ENJOY ‘FOREVER CHRISTMAS’
- This film has lots of things about it to recommend it. First is the fun plot, one that really makes the viewer more curious to know what’s behind Will’s choice to live Christmas every day. It makes for fun TV, and certainly a really good time to watch!
- There’s some sassy conversation between the leads, which makes for a fun script.
- As one might expect, the décor is on Christmas overload; but also, there’s a fun kind of “theme” to the different rooms. Oh, and there’s an adorable little dog, too.
- If you watch fun romantic-comedy TV films, you’ll recognize the familiar faces. From Chelsea Hobbs (Make it or Break It, Nine Lives of Christmas) to Christopher Russell (lots of Hallmark movies to his credit), and even Donna Benedicto, the familiar names and faces are aplenty.
- Furthermore, the behind-the-scenes talent is Christie Will Wolf, the director of films like So You Said Yes; Yes, I Do; Love in the Forecast; and the 2020 Christmas movie, Five Star Christmas; as well as the upcoming (yet to be released!) Wind Song with Jessica Lowndes.
- With its breezy premise (and fun story!), you can see Forever Christmas on Lifetime TV; check your local listings for specific times.
(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thank you to anyone who makes a purchase through these links. Read the disclosure page for details.)
You can find Forever Christmas digitally on Amazon Video.
Why you May Like It’s a Wonderful Lifetime's ‘Forever Christmas.’ A feature for the 2020 Lifetime debut with Chelsea Hobbs and Christopher Russell. #ChristmasMovies #ItsAWonderfulLifetime Click To Tweet
Content: Unknown, but the TV rating says ‘TV-PG.’
Photos: Lifetime TV / Reel One Entertainment