20 Books that Look (and ARE!) All Kinds of Happy From my Shelf

May 14, 2020 25 Comments

When it comes to reading, happy novels are my kryptonite. I’m all about a good feel good novel that makes you smile once you turn that last page. As a result, I thought I’d look at some of these happy books on my bookshelf. At least that’s the intention of today’s publication. Not sure if this is how it’ll all shake out.

LIST | A Few of the Popular Mothers We Love on TV

Sadly, I’m also going out on a limb here and say most that I’ll share today are books I have not read – yet, but they look as if they’d be day-brightening reads. With all that said, let’s get on this 20-some happy novel party of titles.

20 Happy Novels to Read & Enjoy

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details. If you have purchased anything through our links, thank you. We’re grateful.)

1: Suitors and Sabotage* by Cindy Antsy

I read the Christmas novel Carols and Chaos by this author and loved it! Stands to reason I’d feel all the same feels for this one. Find on Amazon | Goodreads

2: No Judgments* by Meg Cabot

Don’t have a clue if this one is actually more comedy or serious romance, but the cover is fun, and it “feels” more on the lighter side of things. Also, is it good or bad that I’ve never read a novel by Meg Cabot? Find on Amazon | Goodreads

3: Well Met* by Jen DeLuca

This one just sounds like all levels of cute; it follows a two people and a renascence faire. Sounds fun, right? Find on Amazon | Goodreads

4: The Dating Charade by Melissa Ferguson

I’m ashamed to admit, I still have to read this one – and it was one of my most anticipated reads of 2019. Why I haven’t yet is a kind of a bookish crime. Find on Amazon | Goodreads

5: Somewhere Only We Know* by Maurene Goo

Cute and sweet, this unexpected romance story is ideal for those who enjoy a happy-go-lucky YA romcom. Find on Amazon | Goodreads

happy novels
6: Austenland* by Shannon Hale

Haven’t read the novel, but the film (about a woman who’s Austen obsessed) inspired by this novel is one of THE funniest I’ve seen, so I have high expectations for this one. Find on Amazon | Goodreads

7: My Lady Janies (Series)* by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows

Don’t know if they actually are, but this trilogy sounds (and looks) hilarious! It follows three of the most favorite “Jane” characters in history and re-imagines their otherwise tragic (?) stories in a comical way. Find on Amazon | Goodreads

8: Prince Charming* by Rachel Hawkins

Formerly known as Royals, this one got a re-brand and though I did throw it out in an unhaul box, I have since purchased this re-brand copy (because cuuute!), and hear all the good things about this royal romcom. Find on Amazon | Goodreads

9: So Not Happening by Jenny B. Jones

Here’s the first of a series by a talented romantic-comedy author that I have not read. Hopefully I’ll remedy this kind of soon-ish as these books about a city girl forced to go country sound darling. Find on Amazon | Goodreads

10: A Girl’s Guide to the Outback by Jessica Kate

Jessica’s delightful novel about an American woman who follows her boss to Australia is all the good romcom feels. Find on Amazon | Goodreads

11: Confessions of a Shopaholic* by Sophie Kinsella

Despite loving the film adaptation, I’ve never read this – or anything, by Kinsella. Here’s hoping it too would be fun. Find on Amazon | Goodreads

12: Tweet Cute* by Emma Lord

A cute novel that features a hate-to-love kind of premise, most of which happens over the curse of tweets. Find on Amazon | Goodreads

13: Save the Date* by Morgan Matson

This one seems to have controversial reviews, but it still sounds way too fun, and if it is, for this reader, I’ll like it. Find on Amazon | Goodreads

14: I See London, I See France* by Sarah Mlynowski

Haven’t read this one, but it involves an armchair adventure, and doesn’t this title lend itself to being fun? Find on Amazon | Goodreads

15: The Life and (Medieval) Times of Kit Sweetly* by Jamie Pacton

Too cute for words is this book that’s been likened to the Heath Ledger film A Knight’s Tale. Find on Amazon | Goodreads

16: The Epic Adventures of Lydia Bennet* by Kate Rorick

Between this and The Diaries of Lizzie Bennet novelization (both inspired by the web series), these books have to retain some of the fun of the Youtube series, right? Needless to say, I’m ashamed I still haven’t read this! Find on Amazon | Goodreads

17: Geek Girl* by Holly Smale

Princess Diaries gets a kind of re-spin (minus the whole “royal” plot) in this delightful series by British author Holly Smale, and this is actually a series I’ve read three of the series! Find on Amazon | Goodreads

18: This is What Happy Looks Like* by Jennifer E. Smith

Pretty sure this one is self-explanatory. Find on Amazon | Goodreads

19: The Hating Game* by Sally Thorne

This one seems to be likened to a hate-to-love romance like Pride & Prejudice, though I have not yet read it, I do hear that it’s a fun read. Find on Amazon | Goodreads

20: The Secret Life of Sarah Hollenbeck by Bethany Turner

This book is hilarious. I remember lol-ing and thinking it a delightful rom-com that goes against the usual inspirational romance genre. Find on Amazon | Goodreads

21: Stay Sweet* by Siobhan Vivian

Don’t know anything about this one, but aww, look at this darling cover art? Plus, who doesn’t like ice cream cones on a book cover? Find on Amazon | Goodreads

22: Lucky In Love* by Kasie West

Really anything by this author would apply to this list. Her novels are like a ray of sunshine, and of those I’ve read, all are easily a “clean romance” kind of story. Find on Amazon | Goodreads

23: Our Stop* by Laura Jane Williams

Don’t know anything about this one, but I did pick up a copy because the concept (two people who take the same train and exchange a “meet cute” in a newspaper ad) sounds sweet. Find on Amazon | Goodreads

24: Would Like to Meet* by Rachel Winters

This one follows a woman who sets out to prove to her client that happily-ever-after does exist. Find on Amazon | Goodreads

…and on the list could travel, but one has to end somewhere, right? What about you? Have you read any of these happy reads? Or which would constitute happy novels to you; what’s YOUR list of happy reads? Comment all of your thoughts below.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

PINTEREST PIN

20 Books that Look (and ARE!) All Kinds of Happy From my Shelf. Talking happy novels and ideas for a good weekend read. Text © Rissi JC
20 Books that Look (and ARE!) All Kinds of Happy From my Shelf. Talking happy novels and ideas for a good weekend read. #HappyReads #WhattoRead #Bookworm #AmReading #BloggersTribe Click To Tweet

*Secular adult and/or secular YA fiction; most secular fiction earns at a minimum a PG-13-like rating

• Stephanie @ Bookfever May 15, 2020 at 5:20 am

I haven’t read any of these but Kasie West books also make me happy. They have such happy covers too!

Stephanie @ Bookfever recently posted: Review: Psyche Unbound by Zenobia Neil
    • Rissi JC May 15, 2020 at 4:00 pm

YES! Same here. Kasie’s books are like rays of sunshine, and as a result, I overtalk about them. ;)

• Angela May 15, 2020 at 5:38 pm

I love Sophie Kinsella, and the Shopaholic series is so fun for light, fluffy reading!

• Rissi JC May 18, 2020 at 2:04 pm

Good to know! I really enjoy the film so I’m hopeful I’d also find the books cute. :)

• Dedra @ A Book Wanderer May 15, 2020 at 9:23 pm

Love the Janies, loved Austenland, and really enjoyed Save the Date. It was a perfect summer read. Enjoy!

Dedra @ A Book Wanderer recently posted: ARC Book Review | Beach Read by Emily Henry
    • Rissi JC May 18, 2020 at 2:04 pm

YAY! Love knowing what everyone else thinks. Glad to hear your recommendations, Dedra. Thanks.

• […] LIST | 20 Books that Look (and ARE!) All Kinds of Happy From my Shelf […]

• […] LIST | 20 Books that Look (and ARE!) All Kinds of Happy From my Shelf […]

• […] LIST | 20 Books that Look (and ARE!) All Kinds of Happy From my Shelf […]

• Anna July 14, 2020 at 12:49 am

Well Met is one of my favorites! Well Played is going to be my next read! Just followed your blog on bloglovin!

My TTT: http://theburstingbookshelf.com/10-authors-whose-books-i-always-buy/

• Rissi JC July 23, 2020 at 6:51 pm

Hi, Anna. Thank you so much for the visit, and follow. My apologies for the late reply. Glad to know Well Played is on your list of favorites; I’m very eager to read this one! :)

• Michael @ The Book Lover's Sanctuary July 14, 2020 at 2:39 am

Great list, although new authors to me – Austenland looks interesting though.
    My TTT is here https://bookloverssanctuary.com/2020/07/14/top-ten-tuesdaybooks-that-make-me-smile/

• Rissi JC July 23, 2020 at 7:02 pm

“Austenland” does look fun! I haven’t read it, but I love the film. :) Thanks for the visit, Michael.

• Catherine@basedonthebook July 14, 2020 at 5:49 am

This is a great list! I keep meaning to try No Judgements, I love Meg Cabot but haven’t read many of her adult books. And the Austenland film is one of my favourites.

• Rissi JC July 23, 2020 at 7:04 pm

I haven’t read anything by Meg Cabot, but I feel like her books would be SO fun. Also, YES! Austenland is all kinds of good fun. :) Appreciate your visit, Catherine, as always.

• Poinsettia July 14, 2020 at 8:04 am

My Lady Jane is so much fun! I loved it! Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

• Rissi JC July 23, 2020 at 7:05 pm

It looks to be SO fun. Cannot wait to FINALLY read this one. :) Thanks for the visit.

• Lydia July 14, 2020 at 11:31 am

Tweet Cute sounds like such a fun read!

My TTT .

• Rissi JC July 23, 2020 at 7:20 pm

It really is, Lydia. Such an easy, entertaining read. :) Appreciate your visit.

• Greg July 14, 2020 at 5:42 pm

Well Met sounds fun, and I love the Renaissance festival setting! How fun that would be. Shannon Hale’s awesome too. :)

• Rissi JC July 23, 2020 at 7:23 pm

I agree that “Well Met” sounds fun. Now I just have to read it! :) Thanks for the visit, Greg.

• Aj @ Read All The Things! July 15, 2020 at 8:26 am

The cover of Save the Date stresses me out. That poor cake!

• Rissi JC July 23, 2020 at 7:26 pm

Oh no! I’m so sorry. I always thought the cover was cute, but I think the plot is more in line with your image of it. I have heard that A LOT goes on in the story. :)

• JJ July 25, 2020 at 3:56 am

Oh so many recommendations! I really want to read Tweet cute! I’ve heard so many people recommending it. Austenland sounds like a really good read as well. Thanks for sharing

• Rissi JC August 2, 2020 at 12:17 pm

“Tweet Cute” is quite, well, cute, JJ! Hope you enjoy it if/when you read it – and let me know what you think if you do. :)

Rissi JC recently posted: NEW BOOK AUGUST 2020 GIVEAWAY