THE PLACES WE’LL GO! 10 PLACES I’D LIKE TO SEE WITH BOOKS AS GUIDE. Talking places in books to visit! Where would you go? © Rissi JC

THE PLACES WE’LL GO! 10 PLACES I’D LIKE TO SEE WITH BOOKS AS GUIDE

March 29, 2021 18 Comments

There’s lots of places I’d like to someday visit. I say “someday” because 95% (probably more) of the time I am content in my world. I don’t mind that I’m not an experienced traveler and I don’t mind that the trips I have been on have been to visit family. It’s life and it’s okay by me. This doesn’t mean there aren’t some places I may want to see and certainly part of this appeal is the places we visit in the fiction we read. Let’s look at a few places in books to visit.

LIST | 8 TV SITCOMS TO WATCH IF YOU LOVE NETFLIX’S ‘COUNTRY COMFORT’

I’m not one that has a passion to live (just thinking about it) in any of these places, but visiting them could certainly be fun. Some of the places on my list aren’t exotic, but as they were places I enjoyed visiting while reading the book, I did want to include them because they’re fictional worlds that transported this viewer, even if it was only in a happy reading space. Let’s do this!

10 BOOK PLACES TO VISIT

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details. If you have purchased anything through our links, thank you. We’re grateful.)

1:[THE] 1920s

This is an era I would never imagine myself living in, but for a day? It might be fun to see. This is primarily from Downton Abbey, but I’ve read books like Murder at the Flamingo and the like that makes everything seem exciting, too! Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

2: CASTLE IN THE CLOUDS

This titular place seems like a fun fantasy place to visit! It’s modern, but has a kind of Agatha Christie vibe. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

3: ELLINGHAM ACADEMY (FROM TRULY DEVIOUS)

It might be fun to visit a pace like this, just as long as it’s not a haunted place! Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

4: ENGLAND

This stems from books like The Runaway Princess or Geek Girl, books by Katherine Reay, and likely a million others I cannot think of! But either way, it’d be fun to visit. I feel like I’d be more of a small town visitor as opposed to someplace like London.

5: [AN] ESTATE

This I’m going to blame on TV shows like Downton Abbey or even Pemberley from Pride and Prejudice. It’d just be fun to visit some place that’s an actual, impressive estate.

THE PLACES WE’LL GO! 10 PLACES I’D LIKE TO SEE WITH BOOKS AS GUIDE. #BookTwitter #TopTenTuesday #BookBloggers #Reader #Reading Click To Tweet

6: GREECE (FROM LOVE & OLIVES)

This hasn’t ever been a place high on my list to see, but I did read this cute novel by Jenna Evans Welch and as it sounds interesting, I decided to add it! Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

7: [A] KINGDOM (FROM THE BETROTHED)

This is pretty open-ended and could include many stories. I’m using The Betrothed just because it was likely the last novel I read with a kingdom in the plot. Also, I’d likely only want to spend the day in this kind of world as a: I wouldn’t want to be accused of something offensive and be sent to a dudgeon and b: I’d likely miss the modern world more than I like to think! Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

8: LARA JEAN’S WORLD

This is set in the contemporary world, but visiting Lara Jean (along with her gang) would just be fun. Not sure the precise “why” of it, but this is one of those books I talked about above. It just makes me happy. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

9: NANTUCKET

Blaming this on Courtney Walsh’s latest Nantucket series. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

10: PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND (FROM ANNE OF GREEN GABLES)

I’m not really interested in visiting Canada per se, however as I grew up watching Anne of Green Gables, and some of the scenery is just STUNNING. Needless to say, I feel like this would be quite a place to visit. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

What about you? What places in books to visit do you have on a list? Have you been to any of these places or is there any one place that you REALLY want to see because a book inspired it? Comment all of your thoughts below!

PINTEREST PIN

find us on social media: MeWe; Instagram; or Pinterest – and join Finding Wonderland’s NEW reader group on MeWe!

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl April 30: Places from Books You’d Like To Live [Tweaking to Visit]

• Greg March 29, 2021 at 11:15 pm

The 1920’s is such a fascinating era. and England is definitely on my list of places to go.

Truly Devious was awesome.

Pemberley for sure. I remember watching the 2005 P&P and just the Pemberley scenes- I wanted to live there.

And Greece!! That’s one of the few places I feel like I NEED to go to someday. Crossing my fingers :)

• Rissi JC April 5, 2021 at 10:09 pm

Right? Those 2005 “Pride & Prejudice” scenes are beautiful! Hopefully someday we can visit some of our dream places. Pretty sure England is because of all of the BBC or British period drama I binge watch. :D Thanks for the vsiit, Greg.

• Brooke Lorren March 30, 2021 at 1:32 am

Great choices! I’d love to visit all those places too. Although I like being home too.

• Rissi JC April 5, 2021 at 10:08 pm

I just don’t travel. Never have, so I’m usually (most of the time) okay in this mindset. But every now and then, I get moody and think it’d be fun to see some cool places. :) Thanks for the visit, Brooke.

• Lydia March 30, 2021 at 6:23 am
    • Rissi JC April 5, 2021 at 10:04 pm

For sure! Likely this comes from my love of BBC period dramas!! Thanks for the visit, Lydia. :)

• Angela March 30, 2021 at 6:35 am

What a great list! Nantucket sounds so charming, and I would love to visit England one day, especially one of those manor homes!

• Rissi JC April 5, 2021 at 10:03 pm

Doesn’t Nantucket sound charming?!? Must agree with you there. It’s Courtney’s newest series that makes me curious. :) Thanks so much for the visit, Angela.

• Lex @ Lexlingua March 30, 2021 at 6:49 am

Oh my goodness! I had completely forgotten about Green Gables, that would make for such a lovely visit. Yes to Nantucket too. :-)

• Rissi JC April 5, 2021 at 10:00 pm

It most certainly would, Lex! Maybe someday we’ll see it. :) Thanks for the visit.

• Jo March 30, 2021 at 8:43 am

I would definitely like to see what the 1920s was like, but like you, I don’t think I’d want to live there. I went to Greece on holiday with my friends a few years back and it was such a fun trip, would definitely like to go back and see more of the islands. I live in England so I don’t really think of it as a holiday destination as such but I have enjoyed going on road trips with my friends to different cities!

Jo recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #309
    • Rissi JC April 5, 2021 at 9:58 pm

Gosh, no! Pretty sure I wouldn’t last two seconds. Or basically. ;) How cool! I’m glad to know you enjoyed Greece. It certainly looks pretty in movies. Totally get that. I don’t think of my state as a destination either, though part of this is because I’m SO over my state. Thanks so much for visiting, Jo!

• Mareli @ Elza Reads March 30, 2021 at 9:43 am

I think Prince Edward Island is the definite dream destination for all book lovers and TTT participants today! I love your post and how you grouped it. Well done!

Elza Reads

Mareli @ Elza Reads recently posted: Ten Places in Books we'd love to Live / Die / Travel in
    • Rissi JC April 5, 2021 at 9:55 pm

Hi, Mareli. Thanks. And for sure! Prince Edward Island just seems THE dream locale. :) Appreciate your visit.

• Catherine@basedonthebook March 30, 2021 at 9:57 am

Prince Edward Island sounds beautiful!

• Rissi JC April 5, 2021 at 9:54 pm

I agree! Doesn’t hurt that we love it so much because we grew up on it from Anne Shirley. :) Thanks for the visit, Catherine.

• Cholla March 31, 2021 at 9:44 am

I’d love to visit the 1920’s, although I’m way too modern to live there! Great list.

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

• Rissi JC April 5, 2021 at 9:47 pm

Right? I don’t thing I’d be living there either! Thanks for the visit. :)