LET’S GET WORDY! A LIST OF 15 QUOTES WITH BOOKISH THEMES. Sharing some quotes from books and movies. All text (unless noted) © Rissi JC

LET’S GET WORDY! A LIST OF 15 QUOTES WITH BOOKISH THEMES

November 8, 2021 27 Comments

Like anyone I have my favorite quotes from film and TV shows. Sadly, I don’t have as many from books for some weird reason. I’m not sure why this is, expect all I can attribute it to is that the visualization of the screen perhaps makes the quote stays with me longer. Whatever the case, on this Monday, the first day of the week, let’s look at some favorite quotes, most of which do have a background in books!

LIST | THE FUN CHRISTMAS 2021 BOOKS TO ADD TO YOUR SEASONAL READING

I’ll fully admit (right up front), lots of these are of a more swoony, romance-y nature because I love a good romance scene. But I have a couple other ones on the list too, because, why not? Plus, some are just super telling of opinions I have or things I believe in. If you follow my Instagram page, you’ve likely seen these. Nonetheless I’m still going to share a collection of these… just because. Let’s take a look.

15 FAVORITE QUOTES OF A BOOKISH PERSUASION

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thank you to anyone who makes a purchase through these links. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: COURAGE

I mean, who else is more sassy and classy than Elizabeth Bennet? She may be from a story from the 1800s, but the GIRL has gumption and I’m glad of it. Find the 2005 film digitally on Amazon | Goodreads

LET’S GET WORDY! A LIST OF 15 QUOTES WITH BOOKISH THEMES #ELIZABETHBENNET #PRIDEANDPREJUDICE #MRDARCY #CSI #LILYJAMES #NICOLAYOON @SARAHSUNDIN Click To Tweet
2: DON’T APOLOGIZE…

Likely when I hear this quote, I see something much different than most people. However I see this quote and take from it the opinion that not everything or everyone is owed an apology. In society today, that’s a prevailing message, but gosh, just because you think you’re owed an apology doesn’t mean you are.

3: GOODBYE

Ever since we said goodbye, I couldn’t wait to say hello. – Sarah Sundin

Love this novel by Sarah Sundin! It’s one of the sweetest historical romances I’ve read despite its darker WWII setting. Amazon | Goodreads

4: HAPPINESS

When our lives are knocked off course, we imagine everything in them is lost. But it is only the start of something new and good. As long as there is life, there is happiness. – War and Peace

Never read this tome nor do I see myself doing so, but love this quote from the mini-series. Find the mini-series digitally on Amazon | Goodreads

5: LONELY

I can’t think of anything lonelier than spending the rest of my life with someone I can’t talk to, or worse, someone I can’t be silent with.” – The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

I feel this quote. From The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, it’s one that has NEVER been truer. I don’t even want it to apply to just a romantic relationship (although it 100% has to), but friendships too. It’s lonely to feel as though no one else shares some of your values and it’s lonelier yet if you feel like you have to self-censor. Amazon | Goodreads

6: LOVE

Love isn’t about instant gratification, it’s about showing up for the journey and riding out all the twists and turns along the way…together. – Nicole Deese, Before I Called You Mine

This one from Nicole Deese’s novel is sweet and accurate no matter how much we’d like to romanticize life. Amazon | Goodreads

7: MAGIC

“You’re magic,” he said simply. – Jo & Laurie

Like I’ve said many a times, Jo & Laurie is the book I didn’t know I needed. Amazon | Goodreads

8: MARRIAGE (PROPOSAL)

Love this quote from the 2020 adaptation of Rebecca. It may not sound the best, but the scene is lovely. Amazon | Goodreads

9: MR. DARCY

Is a quote list and feature even complete unless Darcy is on the list? I think no. I adore this quote and moment from the adaptation of Pride + Prejudice + Zombies, although the Matthew Macfayden quote from the 2005 version of Pride & Prejudice end reunion is also swoony! Find the film digitally on Amazon | Goodreads

10: PLAIN

Jane Eyre is another good one full of great quotes despite the fact that I’ve never read the novel. This is still a good one. Find the 2011 film digitally on Amazon | Goodreads

11: POWER OVER [WHO YOU] LOVE

I believe we have some power over who we love, it isn’t something that just happens to a person. – Amy March

Despite not loving the 2019 adaptation of Little Women, this is a beautiful quote, however… it’s another one I have a different perspective on than most people. But that’s okay. I march to a different drum most of the time. Find the 2019 film digitally on Amazon | Goodreads

12: RISK

“Everything’s a risk. Not doing anything is a risk. It’s up to you.” – Nicola Yoon

Amen and amen. Another quote I use, likely, differently than most. Amazon | Goodreads

13: SACRIFICE

Love requires sacrifice. – Nicholas Sparks, The Longest Ride

Agree or disagree? Amazon | Booshop.org | Goodreads

14: STAY TOGETHER

Another sweet moment and quote from the 2013 adaptation of Warm Bodies. Find the 2013 film digitally on Amazon | Goodreads

15: UNDERSTANDING

Some things were beyond understanding. – Nicholas Sparks, The Choice

I think this is true in many regards. But especially in faith. I struggle a lot with the idea of “advanced” study when in fact, I think we should try and have faith without knowing everything because at the end of the end, that’s all that’s expected. Amazon | Goodreads

Which quotes are among your favorites? Do book quotes stick with you?  Are there any you love? Any of these (above) quotes land among your favorites? Comment all of your favorite quotes below!

PINTEREST PIN – SAVE & SHARE

LET’S GET WORDY! A LIST OF 15 QUOTES WITH BOOKISH THEMES. Sharing some favorite quotes from books & movies. All text (unless noted) © Rissi JC

Thank you for visiting! Please, do come back soon.

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl November 9: Memorable Things Characters Have Said (quotes from book characters that have stuck with you)

• Anne@HeadFullofBooks November 9, 2021 at 12:24 AM

You found some excellent choices. I had a harder time on this list than I thought I would because I wanted to make sure I knew which character said the quote and my memory isn’t what it used to me. Hence I chose quotes from books I’ve read several times. Ha! My character quotes

• Rissi JC November 9, 2021 at 7:53 PM

I had to do some digging from my archives/Goodreads to find mine, Anne. :) I could have misquoted some, but I just copied them so I won’t take total blame. ;)

• Stefani November 9, 2021 at 2:26 AM

I wasn’t in the mood for quotes this week but I love your pics regardless. Happy reading! My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/top-ten-audiobook-recommendations/

• Rissi JC November 9, 2021 at 7:54 PM

Thanks, Stefani. And I know the feeling. Sometimes we have to break the TTT topic rules. :)

• Lex @ Lexlingua November 9, 2021 at 5:27 AM

Wow, that’s such a great collection. My favorite is the one from P&P, but I also really liked the message in War & Peace.

• Rissi JC November 9, 2021 at 8:01 PM

I’m always and forever all about the Pride & Prejudice quotes! :) Thanks for the visit, Lex.

• Pam @ Read! Bake! Create! November 9, 2021 at 6:04 AM

Such a great collection! I agree with your opinion on the quote from the Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society. It’s so unfair having to censor yourself all the time because people around you don’t understand or agree with your opinion.

Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!

• Rissi JC November 9, 2021 at 8:03 PM

It’s more about feeling “lonely” for me than it being unfair. I also choose to self censor on social media because my account is already “not accepted” content because of it being photo graphics rather than Reels which is what Instagram is ALL about these days. Loved your post this week, Pam. :)

• Lydia November 9, 2021 at 6:14 AM

I love that War and Peace quote!

• Marianne @ Let's Read November 9, 2021 at 6:41 AM

What a great list, I absolutely love it.

https://momobookblog.blogspot.com/2021/11/top-ten-tuesday-books-with-readers-on.html“>TTT shows readers on the covers.

• Dini @ dinipandareads November 9, 2021 at 8:09 AM

Ugh, that quote from Literary Guernsey hits hard! It makes me want to re-read the book right now 😂 And ah, Mr Darcy! Always so swoony 😍

• Rissi JC November 9, 2021 at 8:06 PM

I should re-read ‘Guernsey’ too, Dini and THEN re-watch the film. It’s such a good story. :) And yes, Mr. Darcy. Always a must!

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads November 9, 2021 at 8:48 AM

Mr Darcy will always bring the best swoony quotes! I also love that Nicola Yoon quote.

• Lori Piper November 9, 2021 at 9:14 AM

I love that line from Risk. I say that—but not nearly as well—all the time. I’m stealing it. :)

I went off-topic this week: https://fiftytwo.blog/2021/11/09/ttt-books-you-recommend-the-most/

Happy TTT!
    Lori

• Rissi JC November 9, 2021 at 8:14 PM

Sometimes we need quotes or lines from a story to be an inspiring and good kind of reminder. :)

• Cholla November 9, 2021 at 9:49 AM

Great quotes! And Warm Bodies was such a cute movie.

Here is our http://www.longandshortreviews.com/miscellaneous-musings/top-ten-tuesday-memorable-things-characters-have-said/. Thank you!

• Rissi JC November 9, 2021 at 8:15 PM

It certainly is! One of my favorites much to my surprise. :)

• Cindy Davis November 9, 2021 at 12:15 PM

Great list of quotes. I especially enjoy the love one from Nicole Deese’s book!

Cindy Davis recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday-Memorable Quotes
    • Rissi JC November 9, 2021 at 8:15 PM

For sure! Love Nicole’s book, too. :)

• Vero @TheMoonPhoenix November 9, 2021 at 12:46 PM

I love your list! Jo & Laurie are my favorites.

• Rissi JC November 9, 2021 at 8:20 PM

I really like the “Jo & Laurie” book. It’s just one of those comforting reads. :)

• Lauren @ Always Me November 11, 2021 at 5:39 PM

I love your wide variety. Great picks!

Lauren @ Always Me

• […] there! It’s another new week and another book list… only today… not so much! I put together a list of bookish (mostly) quotes not that long ago with our book list theme so today I’m breaking this rule. What I’m doing is looking at some of […]