10+ OF THE POPULAR & FUNNY VALENTINE’S DAY TV EPISODES. Sharing some of the favorite Valentine's Day TV episodes. All text © Rissi JC

10+ OF THE POPULAR & FUNNY VALENTINE’S DAY TV EPISODES

February 6, 2022 Rissi JC 25 Comments

One of the safer assumptions to make is that most of us enjoy a good seasonal TV episode. Whether that’s the crazy over a family holiday dinner table at Thanksgiving or the romantic hijinks of Valentine’s Day, they make us laugh. To celebrate the upcoming heart day, we’re going to take a look at a few of the funny Valentine’s Day TV episodes, just because. Plus, who doesn’t love a giggle now and then?

LIST |

Some of these aren’t quite as humorous as others, but they do, in some way, deal with the commercialized day. Additionally, of course these are not all of the episodes that could fit on the list, but we’ll save them for a future list! So, without more words in this opening, let’s just jump into our research of which episodes fit this criteria. Here we go.

FUNNY VALENTINE’S DAY TV EPISODES

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thank you to anyone who makes a purchase through these links. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: AMERICAN HOUSEWIFE, ‘TIME FOR LOVE’

Season One, Episode 14

This is a fun mishap kind of adventure TV episode where Greg tries to over-the-top impress Katie… only his plans derail her plans for a much quieter day. Find digitally on Amazon Video or on Hulu, at publication

2: BOY MEETS WORLD, ‘FIRST GIRLFRIEND’S CLUB’

Season Five, Episode 15

I used to watch some of these years ago. It seems like it’d be a fun episode about misunderstandings between lovers and a plot by exes to kidnap a current girlfriend! Find digitally on Amazon Video

10+ OF THE POPULAR & FUNNY VALENTINE’S DAY TV EPISODES #VALENTINESDAY #TVSHOWS #ROMANCE #MELISSAJOANHART #CLASSICTV #AMERICANHOUSEWIFE #FUNNYTV Click To Tweet
3: EARLY EDITION, ‘FUNNY VALENTINE’

Season Three, Episode 15

On DVD, I used to watch this one, and for the life of me, cannot find it anywhere now. I think I watched the first two seasons and enjoyed it as a really heartwarming show. Did you see this one?

4: FAMILY MATTERS, ‘MY BROKEN HEARTED VALENTINE’

Season Three, Episode 18

Like Boy Meets World, I watched some of these as a kid, and at this point, I simply do not remember the details of the episodes. But I do know the character of Urkel is always funny and in this one he tries to help with a “budding” new relationship, only to, of course, make things worse. Oh! And by the looks of things, a pink cupid costume is involved. Find digitally on Amazon Video

5: FULL HOUSE, ‘LITTLE SHOP OF SWEATERS’

Season Two, Episode 14

Says this one is all about the girl’s worrying over ruining a Valentine’s Day gift, and this being the first “serious” date between Jesse and Rebecca! For die-hard fans of Full House, this seems like a fun episode to revisit. Find digitally on Amazon Video or at publication with HBO Max

6: GILMORE GIRLS, ‘A VINEYARD VALENTINE’

Season Six, Episode 15

This episode features the foursome – Rory & Logan, Lorelai & Luke, visiting Logan’s family home for a Valentine Day getaway where, as usual, things don’t go smoothly. Find digitally on Amazon Video or at publication with Netflix

7: HAPPY ENDINGS, ‘THE ST. VALENTINE’S DAY MAXSSACRE’

Season Two, Episode 13

Nothing goes as planned in this comedy about six best friends. The show, which only ran for three seasons, is really funny all around and has a mostly good premise. Find digitally on Amazon Video or with HBO Max, Hulu, Netflix (at publication)

8: HAWAII FIVE-0, ‘PONIU I KE ALOHA’

Season 7, Episode 16

This one, as a I remember is a hilarious episode where Danny and Steve take their girlfriends away on a weekend getaway only for things to be quite the opposite of the guy’s plans. Find digitally on Amazon Video or at publication with Paramount+

9: LAST MAN STANDING, ‘TASERS’

Season Three, Episode 15

In this hilarious episode, a case of a dozen anonymous roses show up in a household of women… leaving everyone to wonder, who are they for? Find digitally on Amazon Video or at publication, with Hulu

10: LIFE IN PIECES, ‘TATTOO VALENTINE GUITAR PREGNANT’

Season One, Episode 16

Involves a rather funny plot about a romantic gesture (a new tattoo) that goes horribly array! Find digitally on Amazon Video, at publication, it’s with Prime

10+ OF THE POPULAR & FUNNY VALENTINE’S DAY TV EPISODES #LASTMANSTANDING #THENANNY #NEWGIRL #ROMANCE #TVSHOWS #VALENTINESDAY Click To Tweet
11: THE NANNY, ‘LOVE IS A MANY BLUNDERED THING’

Season Three, Episode 19

Mistakenly assuming that her boss is her secret admirer, Fran takes out a billboard to express her feelings. Find on HBO Max

12: NEW GIRL, ‘VALENTINE DAY’

Season One, Episode 13

Jess convinces Schmidt to be her “wingman” in this episode where she’s, it says, “single for the first time” on the heart day. I cannot remember if I’ve seen this particular episode or not, but let me just say, New Girl is all kinds of funny. Find digitally on Amazon Video or on Netflix (at publication)

13: REBA, ‘VALENTINE’S DAY’

Season Two, Episode 16

Competing with your father-in-law for finding the best respective gifts for your wives? Yeah, what could go wrong? Find digitally on Amazon Video or at publication with Hulu

14: SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH, ‘FIRST KISS’

Season One, Episode 17

Even knowing the risk that Harvey, the boy she continues to grow close with, will turn into a frog if Sabrina were to kiss a mortal, she still does, hoping the legend is wrong! Find digitally on Amazon Video or at publication with Paramount+

15: SINGLE PARENTS, ‘A CASH-GRAB COOKED UP BY THE CREPE PAPER INDUSTRY’

Season One, Episode 15

While Douglas is stuck on kid duty, the gang helps Angie so that she can make her Valentine’s Day night! Find digitally on Amazon Video or at publication it’s with Hulu

16: VERONICA MARS, ‘MARS, BARS’

Season Three, Episode 14

It’s been years since I watched the entire (original) run of Veronica Mars, but I mean, if it’s a Veronica episode, it has to be good, right? Plus, this one involves Veronica getting out of jail. What other Valentine’s Day story would include that? Find digitally on Amazon Video

Your turn! Have you seen any of these? Do you like any of these TV shows? Which episode is your favorite? Did I neglect any good ones? Which ones would you watch? Comment all the comments – I love to read them.

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment. I’m grateful and I love see what you all have to say.

PINTEREST PIN – SAVE & SHARE

Thank you for visiting! Please, do come back soon.

amateur graphic designer. confirmed bookaholic. bubbl’r enthusiast. critical thinker. miswesterner. social media coordinator. writer.

• Catherine@thelazyhufflepuff February 8, 2022 at 1:07 AM

Love your take on the topic this week! New Girl always makes me laugh.

(My Ttt: http://whenitdoes.blogspot.com/?m=1)

• Rissi JC February 8, 2022 at 6:19 PM

Right? Me too! I haven’t watched the full “New Girl” run, but it’s cute. :)

• sprite February 8, 2022 at 4:31 AM

This was a fun twist on the topic. I feel like ’80s and ’90s shows really leaned in to holiday episodes.

• Rissi JC February 8, 2022 at 6:20 PM

Could be! I still see them in modern shows, but maybe not as much as they used too. They sure make for fun storytelling. :)

• Lydia February 8, 2022 at 5:34 AM

I don’t think I ever saw that episode of Family Matters. Someday I should!

• Rissi JC February 8, 2022 at 6:21 PM

I cannot remember if I did because it was WAY too long ago. I was just disappointed I couldn’t find (mostly) episode specific photos for these. :) Thanks for visiting, Lydia.

• Dini @ dinipandareads February 8, 2022 at 5:55 AM

I hardly watch TV so it’s no surprise I haven’t seen any of these but I am amazed that you remember so many specific episodes for these shows 😃 Great choice of topic!

• Rissi JC February 8, 2022 at 6:22 PM

I absolutely had to do research for most. ;) I remember some, like favorites from Happy Endings or New Girl, but other than knowing shows did run seasonal episodes, I had to put in the research. :) Thanks, as always, for the visit, Dini.

• Leslie @ Books Are The New Black February 8, 2022 at 8:23 AM

There are so many amazing old-school shows on here. Boy Meets World is one of my all-time favorites! Great list!!

• Rissi JC February 8, 2022 at 6:23 PM

We love a good old-school TV show! :)

• Mareli Thalwitzer February 8, 2022 at 12:08 PM

This is a very clever post! I’m shocked to see how many of these shows I haven’t seen. Yea! New shows to discover!

Have a wonderful week.

• Rissi JC February 8, 2022 at 6:25 PM

We have to love a good new show discovery! Thanks for the visit, Mareli. :)

• Deanna (A Novel Glimpse) February 8, 2022 at 12:18 PM

I love that you remembered all of these. I don’t think I can remember any except for maybe one from The Big Bang Theory.

• Rissi JC February 8, 2022 at 6:26 PM

I absolutely had to put in research. :) I haven’t ever see “Big Bang Theory,” but know it’s a loved show by many. Thanks so much for the visit, Deanna.

• Stefani at Read with Stefani February 8, 2022 at 1:26 PM

Well I haven’t watched any of these shows but appreciate the effort of including specific episodes. Happy reading. My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/10-books-i-recently-added-to-my-tbr/

• Rissi JC February 8, 2022 at 6:26 PM

Thanks so much for the visit, Stefani! :)

• Cindy Davis February 8, 2022 at 3:18 PM

I love this! It brings up so many memories :)

Cindy Davis recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday- Love Books
    • Rissi JC February 8, 2022 at 6:29 PM

Thanks, Cindy! It was fun. :)

• Jo February 8, 2022 at 4:46 PM

Of these I’ve only seen the New Girl one, which I’ll admit, I don’t really remember and the Gilmore Girls one which I didn’t really like, Season 6 Gilmore Girls is not my favourite!

Jo recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #354
    • Rissi JC February 8, 2022 at 6:37 PM

I hear that a lot about the sixth year of Gilmore Girls. I think I liked it fine but don’t remember if I liked it less than prior years. But “New Girl” is always good for silly laughs. Glad you stopped by, Jo! Thanks.

• Joanne February 10, 2022 at 6:10 AM

I have watched a LOT of these! In fact quite a few of these shows we’ve watched again with our boys as a family– American Housewife, Reba, Boy Meets World, Full (& Fuller) House, Last Man Standing. We’ve also watched some hilarious Valentine episodes with Home Improvement & Big Bang Theory too.

• […] LIST | 10+ OF THE POPULAR & FUNNY VALENTINE’S DAY TV EPISODES […]

• Lauren @ Always Me February 11, 2022 at 6:20 PM

Early Edition is an old favorite – I really excited for that potential reboot on the way! :)