10 BOOK TITLES ON MY SHELF USING AN ADJECTIVE OR TWO! BOOK TITLES ON MY SHELF WITH AN ADJECTIVE. WHICH HAVE YOU READ? TEXT © RISSI JC

10 BOOK TITLES ON MY SHELF USING AN ADJECTIVE OR TWO!

March 21, 2022 24 Comments

When it comes to the titles of books, the more unique the better. Sure we all love a simple title like that of the original working title First Impressions which would go on to be Pride & Prejudice or a simple titular character title, but come on, we also love ones with a bit more personality. Today we look at book titles with an adjective. Because sometimes we need a bit of a rule book to help make a list.

LIST | 16 OF THE SPRING ROMANCE MOVIES YOU MAY WANT TO SEE

Our titles today all sit on my shelf or could be something I’ve read, but either way they’re books and we love to chat that item up. So despite not really needing a reason to talk books we take most of the opportunities to do so. Let’s roll fellow book addicts!

BOOK TITLES WITH AN ADJECTIVE

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thank you to anyone who makes a purchase through these links. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: LITTLE WHITE LIES, JENNIFER LYNN BARNES

Did I just have this one on a list not long ago? Yes. Do I care? Guess not! Plus, maybe this will remind me (again) to READ some of these. Amazon | Goodreads

2: NOT IF I SAVE YOU FIRST, ALLY CARTER

Ok, so real bookworm talk, I have officially started another unhauling of my shelves. I’ve had a handful of Ally’s books on my shelves for years just because they get so much fond memory talk and they do sound fun. Should I keep them or are her books not worth it? Let me know! Amazon | Goodreads

10 BOOK TITLES ON MY SHELF USING AN ADJECTIVE OR TWO! #BOOKLIST #BOOKWORM #READERS #READER #READING #BOOKTITLES #CHRISTIANFICTION #FICTION #SARAHDESSEN Click To Tweet
3: THE MOON AND MORE, SARAH DESSEN

Though I adore contemporary romance, I have not read a single novel by Sarah. I’m hoping this changes in 2022 since she has one (or maybe two) adaptations set to release. This plot follows a girl with the perfect boyfriend only an outsider walks into their lives and maybe upsets that idea of perfect. Have you read a novel by Dessen? Amazon | Goodreads

4: MUCH ADO ABOUT A LATTE, KATHLEEN FULLER

We love cute titles like this, right? So fun! Follows a woman who is coming to realize her unrequited crush must remain this way. Amazon | Goodreads

5: YOU DESERVE EACH OTHER, SARAH HOGLE

Haven’t read Sarah’s follow up release to this but I did read this one. What do you all think: is her follow-up better? I did like this one but don’t love it. It’s a kind of love story in reverse about two people still together but unsure why. So they start to make separate attempts to sabotage the relationship and “force” the other out. Amazon | Goodreads

6: EVERY OTHER WEEKEND, ABIGAIL JOHNSON

This is one that I know next to nothing about but picked up because I thought the premise sounds unique compared to most. Follows two teens who become friends during their “off” weekend with their respective divorced parents. Is this one worth a read? Amazon | Goodreads

7: THE WHITE FEATHER MURDERS, RACHEL MCMILLAN

OK, this is going to sound terrible, but I cannot remember if I’ve read this historical cozy mystery or not. I know I read books one and two and some of the novellas, but I’m thinking I still need to read book three. Either way these super fun Sherlock and Holmes (only this time its Herringford and Watts and two females) type mysteries are fun reads indeed. Amazon | Goodreads

8: LOVE AT FIRST LIKE, HANNAH ORENSTEIN

It’s been too long since I read this to remember specifics, but I think I enjoyed parts of it and others not so much. I did pick up one of her other novels to give a chance though. If you’ve read Hannah’s books, what’s your verdict? This one follows a jewelry designer who’s innocent ring on that finger ends up in a Instagram photo that goes viral. Now if only she had a fiancé! Amazon | Goodreads

9: MY EPIC SPRING BREAK (UP), KRISTIN ROCKAWAY

One of the Underlined titles (all that I’ve read from the line are super fun!), this one features some cute day adventures and plenty of Taylor Swift references, too. Amazon | Goodreads

10: THE WAY OF THE BRAVE, SUSAN MAY WARREN

It’s been WAY too long since I read a novel by Warren. I used to adore her novels and now never seem to read her new releases even when I pick them up now and then. Most follow search and rescue teams and if it’s anything like her other adventurous novels, would feature some pretty epic heroes – also… where are these dudes IRL? Amazon | Goodreads

Which of these have you read? Did you like or hate them? Which ones would you like to read or do you spy an author you’d like to give a chance? Comment all of your comments! Let’s chat – as always, I’m glad you take the time to visit. Thanks.

PINTEREST PIN – SAVE & SHARE

Thank you for visiting! Please come back soon.

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl and Top Ten Tuesday March 22: Books With an Adjective In the Title (Submitted by Nicole @ How to Train a Book Dragon)

• Anne@HeadFullofBooks March 21, 2022 at 11:15 PM

I like that you used books on your own book shelves. Books with adjectives in their titles

• Rissi JC March 22, 2022 at 9:51 PM

Me too. Now if I’d just read them!

• Greg March 22, 2022 at 2:54 AM

I’ve always thought Ally Carter’s books look fun, and Jennifer Lynn Barnes is another author I’ve wanted to try.

Every Other Weekend I LOVE that cover.

• Rissi JC March 22, 2022 at 9:52 PM

YES! Me too, Greg. Hopefully we’d both enjoy Jennifer’s and Ally’s books if we make time for them. I own books from both authors so I just have to sit down and give them a read. Thanks for visiting – as always. :)

• Rae @HerSerialLife March 22, 2022 at 4:58 AM

Great list! I haven’t read any of these books, but I’m super interested in the first one your list: Little White Lies 😉🤩

Here is my TTT post: https://herseriallife.com/top-15-books-with-adjective-in-title/

• Rissi JC March 22, 2022 at 9:55 PM

It sounds like SO much fun! I love the idea of a kind of a proper tradition mixed with mystery. :) Thanks so much for the visit, Rae. I’m grateful.

• Lydia March 22, 2022 at 6:04 AM

Much Ado About a Latte is an adorable title!

My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-with-an-adjective-in-the-title/

• Rissi JC March 22, 2022 at 9:57 PM

Right!? We love a cute title! :)

• Jo March 22, 2022 at 6:52 AM

I’ve read Not If I Save You First and kind of hated it! I just found it really boring. If you’re wanting to read Ally Carter, I suggest her Heist Society books, they’re a lot more fun.

Jo recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #360
    • Rissi JC March 22, 2022 at 7:45 PM

Oh, no! Reading a book you don’t like is never fun. Sorry that was true for you with Ally’s. Her Heist books DO sound fun and I think I own a couple so that could be where its at with her stories. :) Thanks so much for visiting, Jo.

• Cholla March 22, 2022 at 9:38 AM

Much Ado About a Latte is such a cute title. Made me think of a cozy mystery!

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

• Rissi JC March 22, 2022 at 9:59 PM

Isn’t it though? I’m here for all the cute titles! Thank you so much for the visit. Definitely going to blog hop and read your list. :)

• Cindy Davis March 22, 2022 at 10:14 AM

I have not read any of these but I do have a Sarah Dessen on my TBR, Keeping the Moon. I hope you have a great week!

• Rissi JC March 22, 2022 at 10:01 PM

Hi, Cindy. Always great to have you stop in – thanks! I’m hoping to read Sarah’s “Along for the Ride” in the next month because Netflix adapted it. :)

• Kristine March 22, 2022 at 10:23 AM

Interesting list! I haven’t read any of these but will have to check out some of these titles, esp. Susan May Warren. Thanks for sharing!
    My post: https://wp.me/pBO87-3mk

• Rissi JC March 22, 2022 at 7:43 PM

Most of her books are always high-adventure and fun! Hope you enjoy if you read any – and thanks for visiting here!

• Vee_Bookish March 22, 2022 at 11:16 AM

Every Other Weekend has been on my wishlist for far too long!

• Rissi JC March 22, 2022 at 7:42 PM

It’s been on my shelf for way too long! Hopefully someday I’ll read it. :)

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads March 22, 2022 at 2:50 PM

Fun list! I haven’t read any of these yet, but Every Other Weekend is on my TBR.

• Rissi JC March 22, 2022 at 7:40 PM

Here’s hope we both enjoy Every Other Weekend. I thought the premise was different. :) Thanks for taking the time to visit, Lindsey!

• Dini @ dinipandareads March 23, 2022 at 8:27 AM

Much Ado About A Latte is such a cute title! 😍 I haven’t read any of these but I do have You Deserve Each Other and Every Other Weekend on my TBR. Great list!

• Rissi JC April 11, 2022 at 1:07 PM

I agree! So cute. Hope you enjoy those on your TBR, Dini – and thanks for the visit! :)