Bookish Romance is in the Air: 10 Favorite Book Couples! Who would make your favorites list? All text © Rissi JC

Bookish Romance is in the Air: 10 Favorite Book Couples!

February 8, 2021 34 Comments

Valentine’s Day is near, and each year, we spotlight romance-y things. We have a Favorite Romantic Comedy movie list, alongside a Wholesome Romance list (in a part 2 capacity), so today we’ll take a look at something different. Today we’re looking at favorite book couples!

LIST | 15+ FAVORITE “STAY IN” ROMANTIC COMEDY MOVIES TO WATCH!

Back in 2019, we published a curated list of new and old favorite love stories, and with that in mind, I’ll try NOT to include the couples from that list. That said, since some characters remain forever and always favorites, I cannot promise this to be so. Below I share some of the couples (and books!) I’ve read and liked since that 2019 post (which is slim since I read VERY few books a year). For the next time, I’ll have to keep a running tab for a future post (because these are SO fun). In the meantime, let’s look at today’s featured love stories.

FAVORITE BOOK COUPLES: 2021 EDITION

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details. If you have purchased anything through our links, thank you. We’re grateful.)

1: Becca and Brett from The Upside of Falling

Mostly I love this book because it’s super cute, but of course, with that, I also like Becca and Brett! Bookshop.org | Goodreads

2: Lara Jean Covey and Peter Kravinsky from P.S. I Still Love You

I’m sure I’ve included these two already, but I have to include them again because they’re yet another darling ship to root on. Plus, the third and final (!!) movie releases this week. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

3: Captain William Crawford and Gwyn Ruthers from Among the Poppies

These two are all sorts of darling together despite the fact that, yes, this does take plan during WWI which means, their circumstances aren’t ideal. Still, they’re fun and great characters to cheer for. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

4: Daniel and Nadia from Our Stop

I feel 100% confident in saying that I like Daniel way better than Nadia in this novel. That said, I still like her well enough. Note: Our Stop is an R-rated secular title. Bookshop.com | Goodreads

5: Finn and Gabby from The Killing Tide

I think I’ve liked nearly all (or all?) of Dani Pettrey’s couples! They’re always fun to get to know as is the team dynamic that acts as the supporting characters. Either way, this kind of hate-to-love bookish romance is another one that seeks great adventure! Bookshop.org | Goodreads

6: Fletcher Knight and Maggie Pellen from As Easy as Cherry Pie

Bell Renshaw’s characters are always lovely people, and these two are no exception. Makes me curious to meet her characters from the novels she plans to release in 2021! Bookshop.org | Goodreads

7: Josh and Lauren from Before I Called You Mine

Just another pair in which I like the guy best; of course, in this scenario, Lauren is way better than Nadia, but it’s really Josh who is the REAL hero in this novel. He’s good, kind and WAY patient with Lauren, and it makes me wonder about their future. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

8: Kimberley and Sam from A Girl’s Guide to the Outback

This is one of those hilarious romcoms, only there’s also emotional depth and complications, too. Of course, the characters are also memorable and must “meet” kind of people. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

9: Jack Sheridan and Melanie Monroe from Virgin River

Ok, so this one is cheating since I have NOT read the books on which the Netflix series is based, but Jack and Mel ARE from fictional novels, so… I’m breaking the rules. I know lots of people do not like these two, so I’m pretty sure I’m an unpopular opinion here, but, hey, I’m still including them. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

10: Sam Turner and Genevieve Woodward from Stay with Me

stay with me book

No list like this is complete without a couple from a novel by Becky Wade. Her characters are always so interesting and compelling, and in this novel, I think she “ups” the interesting factor; our heroine is struggling with addiction and trying to find her way back to God, while the hero is there to ensure she’s moving forward in a healthy way. Bookshop.org | Goodreads

PINTEREST PIN

Bookish Romance is in the Air: 10 Favorite Book Couples! Who would make your favorites list? #Romance #Books #Fiction #BookCouples #ValentinesDay #BookLovers #BookTwitter #TopTenTuesday Click To Tweet

find us on social media: MeWe; Instagram; or Pinterest – and join Finding Wonderland’s NEW reader group on MeWe!

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

Liking up with That Artsy Reader Girl, host of Top Ten Tuesday \ February 9: Valentine’s Day /Love Freebie

• Greg February 8, 2021 at 11:04 pm

I know Lara and PEter!! :) And I did NOT know the third movie was out this week. I still need to watch the second one but loved the first.

Fun list. :)

• Rissi JC February 10, 2021 at 12:37 pm

YAY! Fun surprise then – and you can binge movies 2 and 3 together this way! I’m reading Jenny’s third Lara Jean book now and hoping the movie doesn’t break my fangirl heart. :) Thanks for the visit!

• Lauren @ Always Me February 8, 2021 at 11:18 pm

I’m really looking forward to seeing Lara Jean on my screen again soon. Great picks!

• Rissi JC February 10, 2021 at 12:38 pm

SAME, Lauren!! I’m just hoping the third movie won’t break my fangirl heart!! Reading the book now so I’m ready to watch the film this weekend.

• RS February 9, 2021 at 1:31 am

Hey, as long as Jack Sheridan is played by Martin Henderson, I will ship him with any woman he wants. My low tolerance for Mel on screen — which, honestly, I can’t tell if it’s an acting or a writing problem and may very possibly be the latter; I haven’t read the books either — in no way prevents me from enjoying his face looking @ her face (I’m only up to episode 6 in season 1, but I assume there will be further things to enjoy in the future).

Loving this list because I am in dire need of couples to ship since I seem to be failing at finding any other good TV shows lately, and you are providing excellent info to help me decide if I would be into these. Before I Called You Mine sounds like one I would very much like.

• Rissi JC February 10, 2021 at 1:41 pm

I agree! :D I saw Martin YEARS ago in a Pride and Prejudice re-make and he was good, so it’s fun to see him in a current show now. Love your assessment; Jack DOES have some pretty loving looks to bestow on Mel. :)

“Before I Called You Mine” is such a good albeit different romance. Definitely one that makes me eager for Nicole’s follow up book, too! Let me know if you read it, and thanks for the visit! Appreciate your kind words, too.

• Savannah@ReadingBifrost February 9, 2021 at 2:06 am

I’ve only seen one of the PS I Love You movies, but I did like it! So I guess I should catch up on it, then.

• Rissi JC February 10, 2021 at 1:42 pm

Hope you enjoy the rest of the ‘Boys’ movies, Savannah; it’s so cute and now I’m nervous about the third movie. Just hope it doesn’t break my fangirl heart! :)

• Jess @ Jessticulates February 9, 2021 at 3:22 am

Great list! I haven’t heard of the majority of these, but A Girl’s Guide to the Outback sounds really fun.

• Rissi JC February 10, 2021 at 1:44 pm

‘Girl’s Guide’ is SO fun, Jess! Hope you enjoy if you have a chance to read it. Thanks for stopping by!

• Lydia February 9, 2021 at 6:24 am

What a fun list! I should read these books sometime. :)

My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-conversation-hearts-on-covers

• Rissi JC February 10, 2021 at 1:45 pm

It’s always fun to discover new possible TBR reads! :) Thanks for stopping by, Lydia.

• Donna van Eck February 9, 2021 at 6:25 am

Awesome list… i totally vote for Lara Jean Covey and Peter Kravinsky

• Rissi JC February 10, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Lara Jean and Peter are forever my favorites! :) Thanks for the visit, Donna.

• Catherine @basedonthebook February 9, 2021 at 8:20 am

I was really loving the Virgin River couple until a few episodes in and then I went right off Jack! I kind of gave up after that though, so maybe he redeems himself?

• Rissi JC February 10, 2021 at 1:48 pm

I know a lot of people DON’T like Mel and Jack, and I think yes, a lot has to do with Jack. I don’t have the same issue with him as many do, but perhaps if I went back and re-watched the first season I would?? I don’t know. My memory doesn’t have a problem with him, and I kind of like it this way. ;) Thanks for the visit, Catherine!

• Jo February 9, 2021 at 8:50 am

I found Lara Jean and Peter really cute in the first movie, but I wasn’t a massive fan of Peter in the second movie.

Jo recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #302
    • Rissi JC February 10, 2021 at 1:51 pm

I still liked him (at least what I remember) and am super curious to see how they’ll wrap up their story. I have this terrible feeling it’ll break my fangirl heart…?? But we’ll see! ;) Thanks for the visit, Jo.

• Alyssa @ Read 'Em and Weep February 9, 2021 at 11:55 am

I love Lara Jean and Peter in the movies, but I love them less in the books. I think the actors are just perfect. Great TTT!

• Rissi JC February 10, 2021 at 1:53 pm

Really? That’s always interesting to hear. I think I like them equally, but there IS always something about a well produced movie that makes me love the characters more; I think it’s the whole “seeing them come alive” part. :) Thanks so much for visiting, Alyssa; and sharing your thoughts! :)

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads February 9, 2021 at 12:42 pm

Lara Jean and Peter! I’m so excited for the third movie :) And I really hope to read The Upside of Falling soon!

• Rissi JC February 10, 2021 at 1:54 pm

YES! ME TOO, Lindsey; just hope they don’t break my fangirl heart. :) Hope you enjoy ‘Upside.’ It a sweet, comfort read. Appreciate your visit!!

• Paula Shreckhise February 9, 2021 at 2:10 pm

Loved Josh and Lauren from Before I Called You Mine! My favorite of recent years is from Kristi Ann Hunter and Lady Miranda Hawthorne and the Duke of Marshington who disguises himself as a valet for Miranda’s brother. Mystery is afoot. Great series!

• Rissi JC February 10, 2021 at 1:55 pm

Ooo, Kristi’s book sounds like a fun pairing! Love it. Josh and Lauren are always favorites of mine, too. Appreciate your visit, Paula. Thank you!

• Colletta February 9, 2021 at 3:19 pm

I love Dani Pettrey and Becky Wade! Two of my favorites :) I hope you can stop by:

Colletta

• Rissi JC February 10, 2021 at 1:56 pm

Two of my always favorite, too, Colletta; cannot wait for Becky’s 2021 release and hope Dani has one coming soon, too. :) Thanks for the visit; and I look forward to visiting your space.

• Ronyell (a.k.a Rabbitearsblog) February 9, 2021 at 3:28 pm

Oooh! Lots of cute couples here! Great list!

• Rissi JC February 10, 2021 at 2:00 pm

Thanks so much, Ronyell! Appreciate your visit. :)

• Poinsettia February 9, 2021 at 5:52 pm

I love Lara and Peter as a couple! I didn’t know the third movie was coming out this week! Now I’m excited. :) Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

• Rissi JC February 10, 2021 at 2:01 pm

YAY! Something fun to anticipate; let’s just hope it has a happy end! :) Appreciate your visit.

• Lex @ Lexlingua February 10, 2021 at 7:34 am

Can’t believe I’ve not seen/ read any of these. Must correct that, thanks and Happy TTT!

• Rissi JC February 10, 2021 at 2:02 pm

Hope you find some you might enjoy, Lex; and thank you for the visit. :)

• Dedra @ A Book Wanderer February 10, 2021 at 10:22 pm

LOVE Lara and Peter! Film and book versions. ;) And several others are on my tbr, so I look forward to reading those!

• Rissi JC February 11, 2021 at 11:14 am

SAME! They’re darling in both. Hope you enjoy all of the titles on your TBR, Dedra; and as always, thanks for the visit. :)