Top Ten Tuesday December 11

Top Ten Tuesday | 12 of My Backlist Must-Read Books

December 10, 2018 35 Comments

Hey, there, Tuesday and happy readers! Today is one of the most “difficult” Top Ten Tuesday topics, and that is a “freebie.”

That Artsy Reader Girl | Top Ten Tuesday December 11: Freebie (Make up your own topic, or use a previous TTT topic you might have missed.)

Top Ten Tuesday December 11

Since I skipped out on the “backlist” titles a while back, I decided to go the easy route and join this topic instead of trying to be clever. SO that helped to ease the dilemma of what to curate a list of. I have a ton of backlist books that serve no purpose other than to look pretty, and yet I don’t mind. I mean I love all the pretty books, and am always determined to make all the room for more pretty books.

Today I take a look at a few of these backlist titles.

*Also, forgive the barely here graphics. I take a lazy approach with them today because a: I didn’t plan anything for today’s Top Ten Tuesday (but really, how is this different than any other week?) and b: it’s Christmas, and the to-list is miles long. But thanks for still being a reader!!

Top Ten Tuesday December 11

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: The Usurper’s Throne by Charity Bishop | Written by my friend, I’m embarrassed I’ve yet to read her books. But they remain on my shelves, and I’ll continue to buy each one she releases! Amazon | Goodreads

2: All the Elizabeth Camden novels | Once upon a time I used to so enjoy reading these books. Now it’s been way too long since I read her more recent releases. Needless to say, this should be remedied. on Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday December 11

3 & 4: Chasing Secrets and Oath of Honor by Lynette Eason | Why I haven’t read the final Elite Guardians series book, or read the first book in Lynette’s new series is a mystery!

Amazon | Goodreads • Oath of Honor on Amazon | Oath of Honor on Goodreads

5: My Unexpected Hope by Tammy L. Gray | I haven’t read many of Tammy’s novels, but those I have are great. Same can be said of this novel which I hope reads as amazing. Amazon | Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday December 11

6: On Love’s Gentle Shore by Liz Johnson | Since I read the Christmas novella Christmas at the Red Door Inn, it’s made me nostalgic for this novel. Amazon | Goodreads

7: Engaged in Trouble by Jenny B. Jones | Who doesn’t love a good Jen B. Jones novel!? The fact that I haven’t read this one shocks me. Amazon | Goodreads

8 & 9: Save the Date and the Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson | Ok, so technically, Save the Date isn’t a “backlist” title in the sense that it’s an “old release,” but I did intend to read it this summer, and didn’t. So, we’re going with it.

Save the Date: AmazonGoodreads | The Unexpected Everything: AmazonGoodreads

Top Ten Tuesday December 11

10: Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins | Really liked ‘Anna,’ enjoyed ‘Lola,’ and I hope Isla’s story will finish off this companion series with happiness. Amazon | Goodreads

11: Noble Legacy series by Susan May Warren | 2019 must by the year I binge read this series with really good Goodreads ratings. (This is in addition to Susan’s ‘Montana Rescue’ series!) 2019 might be the year of reading all the Susan May Warren novels. A girl can hope. Amazon | Goodreads

12: By Your Side by Kasie West | Ah, Kasie West. Who doesn’t love a charming novel by Kasie West!? You all know I do. Amazon | Goodreads

#TopTenTuesday | 12 of My Backlist #MustRead Books. What books are long standing on your shelf? Click To Tweet

FINDING WONDERLAND on BOOKTUBE*

*video publishes Tuesday afternoon; channel linked above

How about you; what “freebie” topic did you spin together? Do you have a lot of backlist titles? Share all the comments below; I’d love to know all your thoughts!

If you joined Top Ten Tuesday (and even if you didn’t), feel free to leave your post below so I can come visit or introduce yourself and your blog. I look forward to visiting all of your bookish spaces!

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

ps: please excuse the “disorder.” you can read more about Finding Wonderland’s changes, new follow options and why archive posts are a royal mess in my “Disorder + Feedback” post!

• Melanie December 10, 2018 at 11:20 PM

I’ve never read any of these but I really should give Morgan Matteson a chance at some point. Great picks.

• Rissi @ Finding Wonderland December 11, 2018 at 12:01 AM

I read ‘Amy & Roger’ by Morgan, and enjoyed it. It’s not my favorite contemporary, but I hear good things about her other books, so I’m curious!! (Plus I did enjoy ‘Amy & Roger.’)

Thanks for the visit, Melanie. :)

• Chrissi Reads December 10, 2018 at 11:39 PM

I loved By Your Side. As you know, Kasie West is very awesome. I need to read Save The Date as well…

• Rissi @ Finding Wonderland December 11, 2018 at 12:02 AM

I’m a BIG fan of Kasie West. I feel like I work one of her books into each of my Top Ten Tuesday posts. ;)

Did you like Save the Date? I feel like readers either love or dislike it.

Thanks for the visit, Chrissi!

• Greg December 11, 2018 at 12:05 AM

The Lynette Eason books have always looked good to me and I kinda want to try those! The Chasing Secrets ones. They look fun. :)

• Rissi December 11, 2018 at 12:15 AM

They are! I love the fast-paced “action” and the characters. Hope you enjoy if you give them a chance, Greg. :)

Happy Tuesday, and thanks for visiting.

• Heidi Robbins December 11, 2018 at 1:33 AM

Great picks! I enjoyed Liz Johnson’s series as well!

• Brooke Lorren December 11, 2018 at 1:59 AM

I have a book that my friend gave me a couple of years ago that she wrote… I really need to read it ASAP. I’m taking a class to get my book ready for publication, and she might be my critique partner… so I really need to do this.

• Taylor @ taylortalksbooks December 11, 2018 at 9:41 AM

Save the Date has been on my list of books to read as well! I love a good wedding vibe and the family seems hilarious. By Your Side is one of my favorite Kasie West books! I hope you end up liking these books :)

Taylor @ taylortalksbooks recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: Dying Over All the Bookish Goods!
  • Brittaney B December 11, 2018 at 10:25 AM

Good luck reading all of Susie Warren’s books. I’ve been a fan since day one and own almost all her books. But at the rate she publishes, even I have a hard time keeping up!

You know I love Jenny B Jones and Tammy L Gray. My very favorite of Gray’s is Mercy’s Fight. I can’t even count how many times I’ve read it. Oh, and Isla is one I still need to read too.

• Rissi JC December 17, 2018 at 10:55 PM

Thank you, Brittaney! I *really* do need to read all of those backlist book. Right? Some of these authors publish new books ALL THE TIME! She’s one skilled writer. :)

I don’t think I’ve read Mercy’s Fight. Hopefully I will asap. Thanks for the reminder -and visit!!

• Cholla December 11, 2018 at 11:25 AM

My backlist is out of control. *sigh* But Engaged in Trouble looks like fun!

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

• Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense December 11, 2018 at 12:03 PM

I was so surprised by how much I enjoyed The Unexpected Everything. It’s a thick contemporary, but it didn’t feel that way at all. I must check out more by the author. Happy reading!

• Lin @ The Reader of A Thousand Stars December 11, 2018 at 12:55 PM

*hand raises slowly in shame* I also said I was going to read Save the Date by Morgan Matson in the when it came out in Summer…. and I haven’t.
    I’ve heard a lot of good things about Kasie West’s books. I think it might be high time that I pick one up!
    Great list!! I hope you get to read and enjoy them all!!
    Happy Reading!! <3

• Rissi JC December 17, 2018 at 11:13 PM

It came and went way too fast! Or at least I feel like it did. Here’s hoping I make time for it this year (early on!).

Kasie’s books are contemporary magic. They’re SO adorable. I hope you enjoy them, Lin – and thank you for the visit. :)

• Kelly @ Wandering Through Books December 11, 2018 at 2:46 PM

I feel like a lot of us are turning to look at our reading backlog this week… hope you get a chance to pick up everything on your list soon!

• Niamh @ nuggets of niamh December 11, 2018 at 5:00 PM

I have a VERY long list of backlist titles to read! They tend to get a bit lost in the sea of new releases sometimes. I adored The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson (and am hoping to read her other backlist titles in the near future) so I hope you get a chance to read it soon!

Niamh @ nuggets of niamh recently posted: series I need to finish // Top Ten Tuesday
  • Lauren @ Always Me December 11, 2018 at 8:23 PM

I haven’t read any of these, but I hope you enjoy them when you pick them up. :)

Lauren @ Always Me

• Dani December 11, 2018 at 9:10 PM

I really liked Isla – it was a fitting end to the trio. I have both of those Matson’s on my TBR, too. Hoping they’re fun for us both!

• Jessica December 12, 2018 at 12:24 AM

I have to read a majority of these books. I’ve read the conclusion to Anna and the French Kiss (I binged Anna, Lola and Isla a couple summer’s ago) and it was really enjoyable. I still have to read Save the Date as well. I keep looking at it on my shelf like, oh, I should read you because I really enjoy the author’s other work but! Haha. I hope when you get to all of these you enjoy them!

• Rissi JC December 17, 2018 at 11:42 PM

I know the feeling, Jessica. Most of the time if I like an author I really ALL of their books, but sometimes I fall behind in their backlist, and then it slowly builds. But oh, well! I guess the books are always there for next year, right!? :)

Thanks for the visit!

• Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight December 15, 2018 at 6:14 PM

Oooh I hope you get to these soon! I cannot even begin to think of all the backlist books I need to read still, it’s overwhelming! I actually got a few in during the slower for-review months, but now that 2019 is almost here… back to the grind hahah.

Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight recently posted: Review & Giveaway: The Prisoner by Sara Allyn
    • Rissi @ Finding Wonderland December 18, 2018 at 12:13 AM

I have way more than this, too, Shannon, and as you say, it’s overwhelming. Hope we both make progress in 2019. Good luck with all of those 2019 releases!! :) Thanks so much for visiting.

• Katie @Just Another Girl and Her Books December 15, 2018 at 10:33 PM

Oh, I love the cover for Engaged in Trouble. I hope some day you’ll find the time to read these backlist titles.

Have a great weekend.

Katie @Just Another Girl and Her Books recently posted: *Stacking the Shelves* 15 December 2018
  • Rissi @ Finding Wonderland December 18, 2018 at 12:14 AM

Thanks, Katie – and me too! :) Appreciate your visit.