Eleven Books I Hope To Be My Spring TBR | Top Ten Tuesday

March 18, 2019 45 Comments
Top Ten Tuesday March 19

Hello, happy readers, and welcome (almost) spring 2019. Today, we celebrate this almost-here-day by sharing our Top Ten Tuesday March 19 aka spring 2019 TBR list.

That Artsy Reader Girl | March 19: Books on my Spring TBRTop Ten Tuesday March 19

This list is far from inclusive of all of the spring 2019 reads I’m excited for. Still, it’s fun to take an in-the-future look at the books set to release during the next season, and those we hope to read during said incoming season. Sometimes the two are mutually exclusive, and other times they’re not.

As I’ve said on so many of these, I rarely if ever stick with a season TBR, but these are some of my favorite lists to create. Spring is an especially busy reading time since I’m part of an Advisory Board for the INSPYs, which means I have to read lots of books that make the long list. In fact, that’s one I’m currently doing. Still, the list below consists of a few books I will sneak in in-between INSPY reads, and several that will be added to my shelf in anticipation of future reading.

Let’s get spring TBR-ing!

Top Ten Tuesday March 19

(This post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: Serious Moonlight (April) by Jenn Bennett | Simon kindly sent me an e-ARC copy of this one! Seeing as I just recently read my first novel by Bennett, I’m anxious to read more. Amazon | Goodreads

2: Romanov (May) by Nadine Brandes | An Anastasia re-telling – where’s the dotted line!? Also, just: Yes, please! Amazon | Goodreads

3: The Little Lady Agency by Hester Browne | This is one of those books I pulled off my shelf. Since I adore Browne’s The Runaway Princess, I really want to read more by her, but alas, haven’t made the time to do so. Amazon | Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday March 19

4: I Believe in a Thing Called Love by Maurene Goo | Again, another one from my shelf in the hopes I’ll finally read this one. Plus, it gives off all the spring vibes. Amazon | Goodreads

5: We Were Beautiful (April) by Heather Hepler | The publisher kindly sent me a copy of this one, and while I think it sounds amazing, it might be a little too bittersweet for me just now. Amazon | Goodreads

6: Within These Lines by Stephanie Morrill | Another publisher provided book that sounds unique. Plus, I love that it’s a YA historical, a genre I rarely read anything from (and one that seems slim). Amazon | Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday March 19

7: When Summer Ends (April) by Jessica Pennington | This one looks darling. I love the soft cover art, and the sound of it seems like an ideal read for me. Amazon | Goodreads

8: The Printed Letter Bookshop (May) by Katherine Reay | Finally. Katherine Reay’s usual publishing would have seen this book in stores back in November. I’ve zero doubt this one will be worth the wait and then some. Amazon | Goodreads

9: Now and Then and Always (May) by Melissa Tagg | This one was announced after I put together this TBR list. Naturally I had to add Melissa’s next book because I’m a forever and always fan. Amazon | Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday March 19

10: Sweet on You (April) by Becky Wade | It’s time! A new Becky Wade novel is nearly here, and I’m so excited. Who else has this one high on their must lists!? Amazon | Goodreads

11: The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon | With a movie set to drop this spring, I hope to read this one even though I won’t be likely to see said film in theaters. While I hope to enjoy it, I have a feeling the underlying subjects will, for me, make this one a lesser rating than Everything, Everything. Amazon | Goodreads

12: Bonus! INSPY reads for 2019 | Yes, that’s right, I’m working through some INSPY reads in anticipation of the April shortlist announcement. Plus, if you like to read inspirational fiction, please consider joining us as a 2019 judge.

Talking a spring 2019 #TBR with this #bookworm-y list! 11 Book I Hope To Be My Spring TBR | #TopTenTuesday Click To Tweet
FINDING WONDERLAND on BOOKTUBE

*video publishes Tuesday afternoon; channel linked above

Now we’ve talked about my spring TBR hopes and hopelessness when it comes to actually reading said books, I want to know all of your new season TBR plans. Do you keep to a TBR? Or is that too ambitious (like me!) a goal? Comment below with all of your TBR news – and whether or not you’ve read any of these!

If you joined Top Ten Tuesday – or have a blog, please introduce yourself below. I’d be glad to visit your bookish spaces, too.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

ps: please excuse the “disorder.” you can read more about Finding Wonderland’s changes, new follow options and why archive posts are a royal mess in my “Disorder + Feedback” post!

• Melanie Parker March 18, 2019 at 11:17 pm

I’m so excited to see When Summer Ends on your list! I love Jessica so much, she is such a lovely person and excellent writer. I hope you enjoy it!

• Lianne @ eclectic tales March 19, 2019 at 12:30 am

Yeah, it’s usually pretty hard to stick to these seasonal lists, aren’t they? lol. But they’re fun to put together nonetheless. Happy reading! :)

My TTT

Lianne @ eclectic tales recently posted: Top Ten Tuesdays
    • Rissi JC March 25, 2019 at 11:42 am

Lianne, HI! So nice to chat with you; really glad you stopped by. :)

It IS tough to stick by any book (TBR) list, no matter how much I want to read said books. Still, it’s also fun to create them and to see all the amazing books that (someday) await me. :)

• Anne@Headfullofbooks March 19, 2019 at 1:10 am

THE SUN IS ALSO A STAR is a fun, fast read. Enjoy reading all your choices. My TTT Spring list

• Greg March 19, 2019 at 1:25 am

Serious Moonlight looks amazing and I also want to read her Starry Eyes, which I still haven’t gotten to yet. As for TBR’s, I’m pretty much a mood reader so my TBR is there but it’s fairly small by blogging standards haha, and somewhat fluid as well.

Have a great day!

• Rissi JC March 25, 2019 at 12:06 pm

I’ve only read Jenn’s Alex, Approximately, but it’s really cute, so I anticipate enjoying her other books, too. :) I can be a mood reader, but sometimes if I know that I “have” to read something, I’m able to pick it up without complaint also. Just depends, I suppose.

Thanks for the visit!

• Brooke Lorren March 19, 2019 at 1:54 am

Romanov sounds like a good book. I’d also like to read Sweet on You.

I do pretty well on my seasonal TBRs that I’ve been doing for TTT. I read 8/10 from my Winter TBR.

Brooke Lorren recently posted: Blood Heir – The Book and the Controversy
    • Rissi JC March 25, 2019 at 12:07 pm

I agree, Brooke. The idea of an Anastasia re-telling has me bookworm giddy! Hope it’s good; and Becky’s books are always and former rom-com magic. :)

YAY! That’s awesome. I didn’t even go back and look to see if I read any (or many) of my winter TBR picks. Perhaps I should start doing this; and MAYBE that will hold me accountable. :D Appreciate your visit.

• Alyce @ The Bumbling Blogger March 19, 2019 at 5:47 am

Serious Moonlight is top of my list – I’m glad to see that someone else is just as excited to read it!

Alyce @ The Bumbling Blogger recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: Spring TBR
  • Astilbe March 19, 2019 at 6:48 am

Sweet on You does sound like it will be a good read.

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

• Jess @ Jessticulates March 19, 2019 at 7:11 am

Great list! I’ve heard really good things about I Believe in a Thing Called Love. Happy reading!

• Jo March 19, 2019 at 7:14 am

Romanov was on my list this week too!

Jo recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #203
  • Lydia March 19, 2019 at 8:48 am

I hadn’t even heard of most of these books, but they do sound good. Hope you like them.

My Top Ten Tuesday post.

• Brittaney B March 19, 2019 at 9:46 am

Well, well, it seems we have several of the same books on our lists this week. What a shocker! I don’t even know what Melissa Tagg’s new book is about, but do I really need to? No. I’ll read anything she writes.

• Dani March 19, 2019 at 11:03 am

Serious Moonlight is coming up soon for me, too! Hope we both like it :)

Dani recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: Spring TBR
  • Chrissi Reads March 19, 2019 at 12:38 pm

Looks like a great selection of books here, Rissi! Enjoy.

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads March 19, 2019 at 1:20 pm

Serious Moonlight is on my TBR for sure, since I loved Jenn Bennett’s previous books. I liked I Believe In A Thing Called Love, so hope you’ll enjoy it too :)

• Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense March 19, 2019 at 4:43 pm

The Sun Is Also a Star is magical I love it so much and I hope you enjoy as well!

• Hamlette March 19, 2019 at 5:12 pm

Oooooh, yes, I keep forgetting when Printed Letter Bookshop comes out! I pre-ordered it, so one day I’ll get a happy surprise in my mailbox :-)

I did post a TTT list right here this week.

Crossing my fingers that I’ll get to judge INSPYs again cuz it’s so much fun!

• Rissi JC March 25, 2019 at 12:41 pm

Three cheers for all the Katherine Reay books (and for book mail surprises). Her novels are fabulous. YAY! So glad you were able to join the Top Ten list this past week. I look forward to reading your list.

Glad you applied to join the INSPYs! We appreciate this, Rachel (and for the visit). :)

• Angela March 19, 2019 at 6:56 pm

The Runaway Princess is one of my favorite books, and I feel like I’ve probably read The Little Lady Agency??! Either way, hope you enjoy all of these!

• Tracy @ Cornerfolds March 19, 2019 at 7:59 pm

Yay for Romanov! That one looks so good! I hope you enjoy The Sun Is Also a Star too! I really need to get around to that one soon.

• Carmen March 20, 2019 at 4:40 am

Really excited for Romanov. There are quite a few books about Anastasia coming out this year, and I`m so ready for that. Happy Reading!

Carmen recently posted: My Spring TBR
  • Kelly @ Wandering Through Books March 21, 2019 at 9:09 am

I can’t really speak to how it compares with Everything, Everything (having not read it), I did enjoy The Sun is Also a Star! It’s kind of a thinking book, or at least it was for me… I also really like the cover. Hope you get a chance to pick it up soon!

• Chanel Monroe March 21, 2019 at 9:04 pm

I can’t wait to read The Printed Letter Bookshop, Now and Then and Always, and Sweet on You.

What else is on my TBR? To name a few, Count Me In by Mikal Dawn, Always, Never Yours by Emily Wibberley and The Heart Between Us by Lindsay Harrel.

• Rissi JC March 25, 2019 at 11:14 pm

SAME! It sounds amazing and knowing it’s by Katherine I have zero doubt it will be beautiful.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the books on your TBR, Chanel. It’s always fun to have amazing books that await us; appreciate your visit. :)

• Megan | Ginger Mom and Company March 22, 2019 at 2:30 am

I haven’t read any of these yet. The Sun is Also a Star has been on my list since I first heard about it – sounds absolutely fantastic! Great list :)

Megan | Ginger Mom and Company recently posted: Books on My Spring 2019 TBR | #T10T
  • Lauren @ Always Me March 29, 2019 at 6:00 pm

Romanov sounds like it’s going to be great! Happy reading!

Lauren @ Always Me>