Top Ten Tuesday | A Cozy & Warm Winter To Be Read List

December 17, 2018 36 Comments

Top Ten Tuesday | A Cozy & Warm Winter To Be Read List

December 17, 2018 36 Comments
Top Ten Tuesday December 18

Hello, there, everyone. Today, one week out from Christmas, here we are with another Top Ten Tuesday post. Our topic today is:

That Artsy Reader Girl | Top Ten Tuesday December 18: Winter [2019] TBR

Top Ten Tuesday December 18

As I say in each of these post topics, seasonal TBR lists are among my most favorite to put together. The issue that plays in is that I rarely, if ever, actually read these books for a seasonal TBR. This in no way means I don’t want to, it’s just that review books that need my attention arrive or some other distraction. This is reason why I rarely want to go back and look at my prior (in this case autumn) TBR!

This list I tried to curate so that it puts together some ARCs I “must read” (but am excited about) and some books form my shelf that I cannot wait to read. By using this “method,” I’m hopeful that I just may be able to read most if not all of these.

Still, as I say, they’re so much fun to make which also means I’m quite fond of this topic. With all that said, let’s take a look at my (perhaps) not-so-actual winter 2019 TBR!

Top Ten Tuesday December 18

1: Snow in Love (Novella Collection) | Currently reading this one, and I’ll make a confession: I skipped the first story because, well, I’m not afraid to admit, I bought this because Kasie West’s name is on the cover. As such, I want to save the best for last. Amazon | Goodreads

2: P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han | Soon as I finished TATBILB and then saw the Netflix adaptation, I really did want to read this sequel. However, now that a Netflix sequel has been announced, the desire to read it has grown tenfold. Amazon | GoodreadsTop Ten Tuesday December 18

3: One Thing I Know (February) by Kara Isaac | Thanks to its author, I received an ARC copy of this upcoming romance, and cannot wait to read it. Kara’s Close to You is an intelligent and charming debut. Amazon | Goodreads

4: Brunch at Bittersweet Café (February) by Carla | Given how well I enjoyed book one in this series, reading this one is a winter must. CANNOT wait to see what’s next for this group of characters. Amazon | Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday December 18

5: Just for Clicks (February) by Kara McDowell | This is a random add that I know next to nothing about, but in my searching and Goodreads browsing I came across it. It sounds really cute, and as if it’s a story many in today’s society can relate to. Amazon | Goodreads

6: Within These Lines (March) by Stephanie Morrill | Another book I’m eagerly looking forward to. I like that it’s a YA historical (which I read next to none of) and that it sounds so unique. Amazon | GoodreadsTop Ten Tuesday December 18

7 & 8: Field Notes on Love (March) & The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith | OK, so this is cheating. A bit. It’s true I do plan to pick up (aka preorder) Jennifer’s upcoming novel, and subsequently (hopefully) read it ASAP. But I have to be honest: I’ve already read ‘Geography.’ In fairness to me though when I added the title, I hadn’t yet read it. ‘Field Notes’: Amazon | Goodreads • ‘Geography’: Amazon | Goodreads

9: The Sky Above Us (February) by Sarah Sundin | Knowing how close we are to Sarah’s second novel (in her new series) makes me keenly aware I still must read book one. Perhaps I ought to remedy that first this winter. Amazon | Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday December 18

10: Fame, Fate and the First Kiss (February) by Kasie West | Ah, Kasie West. Not only will I preorder this, chances are, I will also actually read this one in the first two months of its arrival. Amazon | Goodreads

FINDING WONDERLAND on BOOKTUBE*

*video publishes Tuesday afternoon; channel linked above

Today's popular #bookish meme is all about those WINTER TBRs! What do you plan to read? Top Ten Tuesday December 11 | A Cozy & Warm Winter To Be Read List Click To Tweet

Your turn! What books are vying for your attention on that winter TBR!? Any of these? Share all your must-read picks. I’d love to know all your thoughts!

…and who’s with me!!? We can totally read our winter TBRs, right?

If you joined Top Ten Tuesday (and even if you didn’t), feel free to leave your post below so I can come visit or introduce yourself and your blog. I look forward to visiting all of your bookish spaces!

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

ps: please excuse the “disorder.” you can read more about Finding Wonderland’s changes, new follow options and why archive posts are a royal mess in my “Disorder + Feedback” post!

• Nicole @ Nicole's Novel Reads December 17, 2018 at 11:08 pm

P.S. I Still Love You is such a cute book. I love the whole trilogy. I hope you do too! I am ecstatic about the film adaption for P.S. I Still Love You and it definitely makes me want to do a re-read.

• Greg December 17, 2018 at 11:40 pm

I love a good seasonal TBR! It’s fun to plan reads out even if they don’t always go according to plan haha! Snow in Love looks great- I want more seasonal anthologies/ short story collections, and Brunch at Bittersweet Cafe looks cute and fun too. Nice list Rissi!

• Chrissi Reads December 17, 2018 at 11:46 pm

I need to get Snow In Love. Mainly for Kasie West like you! Ha. I hope you adore these books this winter!

• Kirsty December 18, 2018 at 1:31 am

There are WAY too many books on my general TBR list to name them all, but a few of the highlights are The Cautious Maiden by Dawn Crandall, A Worthy Rebel by Jody Hedlund, Wait for Me by Caroline Leech, The Secrets of Paper and Ink by Lindsay Harrel, and Christmas in Whispering Pines by Scarlett Dunn.

I’d also like to thank you for sharing your list, and especially for including Stephanie Morrill’s Within These Lines; since reading Jody Hedlund’s Knight series, I’ve become more intrigued by YA historical fiction as well, and to have one centered around the Japanese American Internment event (which I did my honours thesis on) is particularly exciting! I don’t think I’d have heard of it if not for it’s mention here, so thanks!

• Rissi JC December 24, 2018 at 12:15 pm

I am so far behind on being current with Jody Hedlund’s novels, but those I’ve read have been good. I’d also love to read Wait for Me and Lindsay’s novel as well! Both sound really interesting albeit for different reasons (I like the idea that Caroline’s is a YA historical since I never read the genre).

Fun! Hope you enjoy Stephanie’s. I’m most definitely curious about it. Thanks for stopping by, Kristy, as always.

• Brooke Lorren December 18, 2018 at 2:10 am

I did pretty well on my fall TBR. The Sky Above Us has an intriguing cover.

Brooke Lorren recently posted: Winter 2018/19 TBR
  • Niamh @ nuggets of niamh December 18, 2018 at 2:42 am

I love creating TBR lists (especially seasonal ones!) but am TERRIBLE at sticking to them. I get so excited about upcoming and new release books but usually by the time I actually pick up the book something newer and shinier has grabbed my attention. Speaking of which, The Geography of You and Me sounds intriguing!

Niamh @ nuggets of niamh recently posted: unachievable summer TBR // Top Ten Tuesday
  • Bree @1girl2manybooks December 18, 2018 at 4:16 am

PS I Still Love You is really cute! I think you’ll enjoy it. That whole trilogy is fun.

• Jennifer @ YA Book Nerd December 18, 2018 at 6:48 am

Great list!
    I’m excited to read Field Notes on Love and I really enjoyed Just for Clicks!

• Astilbe December 18, 2018 at 7:23 am

I think it’s so cool that you revisited your TBR list and shared what you have/haven’t read. I have trouble checking books off of my season TBRs, too. Do you think you’ll continue doing this in the future?

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

• Rissi JC December 24, 2018 at 12:25 pm

Thanks so much for the visit and kind words. I did have have with this one, but to be honest, I’d added some of the books in my prep work (i.e., before I read the books) so this is why some on here are now on my “read” pile. But it was fun to know I’d actually read a couple. :)

• Alexis December 18, 2018 at 9:22 am

P.S. I Still Love You is on my Winter TBR too! I just picked it up from the library :)

You can check out my Top Ten Tuesday post here.

Happy holidays!

• Katie @Just Another Girl and Her Books December 18, 2018 at 9:27 am

Snow in Love looks so cute and absolutely perfect for right now. Hope you enjoy your reads and have a great week.

Katie @Just Another Girl and Her Books recently posted: *Top Ten Tuesday* YA Request Roulette Round 3: Winter (Dec 18)
  • Dani December 18, 2018 at 11:03 am

I might have liked P.S. better than I like TATBILB, just maybe. (I definitely read all three because of Netflix!) Hope you enjoy these :)

• Carmen December 18, 2018 at 3:33 pm

After watching the Netflix adaptation for the 1000th time, I finally decided to read the “To All The Boys I`ve Loved Before” trilogy. I am so ready for all the cheesy romance!

Carmen recently posted: TTT: My Winter TBR
  • Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight December 18, 2018 at 7:48 pm

Great list! The only one I have read is PSISLY but it is a super solid sequel- definitely stands up to the original, and I think it’s a perfect winter read for sure! Hope you love these, and you get to read lots of them!

• Becky December 18, 2018 at 8:35 pm

I didn’t know the sequel had been announced!!! I’m really curious now … because I was absolutely #TeamJohn in PSISLY, but I loved Peter more in the movie than in the first book, so we’ll have to see how it all shakes out. Anyway, thanks for being the bearer of great news :-) I actually have Always and Forever, Lara Jean on my list today.

• Rissi JC December 24, 2018 at 12:39 pm

Isn’t it exciting!? There’s a really cute announcement on Instagram, and probably Youtube as well. I’m curious to meet John in the book since I don’t think we really have a good picture of him in the first book. I too should have added book three, but I didn’t. Next time, I guess. :D

Thanks as always for the visit, Becky. :)

• Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense December 19, 2018 at 10:14 pm

Kasie West needs to stop writing books for a year, so I can catch up. How does she do it?!

• Kelly @ Wandering Through Books December 20, 2018 at 2:57 pm

I’m 99% sure that I read P.S. I Still Love You… I definitely read the first book but I might have to reread before the Neflix sequel comes out… hope everything on your list work out well for you!

• Lauren @ Always Me December 24, 2018 at 9:35 pm

Hmm, I might have to try Sundin. Thanks for sharing and happy reading!

Lauren @ Always Me