The Exciting Hopefuls on my Fall 2019 TBR!

September 23, 2019 33 Comments

Oh, dear. It’s that time again. Yes, that’s right, we’re again making a seasonal TBR. This time, it’s a fall TBR reading list.

That Artsy Reader GirlSeptember 24: Books On My Fall 2019 TBR

The Exciting Hopefuls on my Fall 2019 TBR! Talking about a *few* of the books on my new seasonal TBR! What do you plan to read?

For the first time (possibly ever?), I feel as if I didn’t do too badly on my prior seasonal TBR. Of course, I didn’t read all of the books on the list, but I think I did OK, and I managed to read a few, which for my reading status is kind of impressive. Let’s have a quick look at my “last season” TBR stats (and yes, this is something I’m usually “scared” to do because I don’t accomplish anything on this list). *clicks TBR post*

Ok, so after a quick perusal, I actually did read four, almost five out of seven. I’m currently reading Maybe This Time, and nearly done, so I feel like I should kind of count that one as the fifth, right? For me, that’s quite the feat.

Today it’s time to move onward from that summer TBR and onto the next season of potential reads! Since autumn tends to release the darker stories, I am including a few books that will be new releases, but since I’m not into all the dark things, I’m also pulling some already on my shelf. Plus, I just think it’s a good idea to mix in some I already own with those I’m anticipating – and we all know I like to try and read a few seasonal (aka Christmas-y) reads as well. This means the likelihood of me reading all that I list today is even smaller than normal. But, it’s still fun, and if you’d be curious, come back Thursday for the latest booktube video in which I talk about more Autumn hopefuls .

Let’s get to fall TBR-ing!

Top Ten Tuesday September 24: The Exciting Hopefuls on my Fall 2019 TBR!

1: Coral (November) by Sara Ella

The newest and next story from Sara Ella who wrote the Beauty and the Beast re-telling (the ‘Unblemished’ series) is a darker Little Mermaid tale. Amazon | Goodreads

2: 10 Blind Dates (October) by Ashley Elston

I was given access to this novel thanks to the publisher via NetGalley, so obviously it will be a priority. Amazon | Goodreads

3: You Belong with Me by Tari Farris

Another high priority title since the publisher kindly sent me a copy of this one… who’s read it? (Turtle reader over here.)  *Update: Also, yes, I reading this one now. Amazon | Goodreads

4: Always by Jody Hedlund

This is one I’d like to read, but don’t hold out hope I actually will in the next few months. Only reason being I have those from the publisher that I mention. Amazon | Goodreads

5: The Solid Grounds Coffee Company (February 2020) by Carla Laureno

Cannot wait to see how Carla’s ‘Saturday Night Supper Club’ stories conclude. I’ve so enjoyed these characters and their respective love stories. Amazon | Goodreads

*PS: I’m talking about more fall TBR hopefuls (because why not add insult to injury to my already poor seasonal TBR skills) coming this Thursday! Also, the video (because it’ll be in the new booktube video) is something of an adventure complete with storm sirens.

FINDING WONDERLAND on BOOKTUBE

*no Top Ten Tuesday video this week; channel linked above

What books made your seasonal fall TBR reading list? Are you excited about all of them? Do you tend to read your TBR picks? Is there any on this list you’ve read? Any you’d recommend? Sound off with all of your bookish thoughts! If you have a blog or joined in the Top Ten Tuesday meme, leave your links below. It may take me an entire week, but I’d love to come by and visit your bookish spaces.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

ps: please excuse the “disorder.” you can read more about Finding Wonderland’s changes, new follow options and why archive posts are a royal mess in my “Disorder + Feedback” post!

The Exciting Hopefuls on my Fall 2019 TBR! Talking about a few of the books on my new seasonal TBR! What do you plan to read? #TopTenTuesday Click To Tweet

• Lianne @ eclectic tales September 23, 2019 at 11:18 pm

Hope you get around to your TBR pile this autumn, Rissi! I’m hopeful for mine but given how things are right now on my end, I’m lucky if I read even a fifth of the books I listed for this week lol. Happy reading!

My TTT

• Rissi JC September 28, 2019 at 2:14 pm

Thanks, Lianne! I’m cautiously optimistic given that I did read some of my summer reads. :) Same to you. Hope life surprises you and you’re able to read more than you anticipate. Appreciate you stopping by, as always, friend.

• Melanie Parker September 23, 2019 at 11:23 pm

10 Blind Dates looks so adorable! Great list!

• Rissi September 23, 2019 at 11:30 pm

Doesn’t it? I’m all about cute reads! Thanks for visiting, Melanie. :)

• Greg September 23, 2019 at 11:47 pm

Looks like you did do pretty good on your last list! And I think 10 Blind Dates sounds fun. So does The Solid Grounds Coffee Company actually.

• Rissi September 23, 2019 at 11:54 pm

I think I did; it’s really the first time I’ve made any noticeable progress on a seasonal TBR. Haven’t read anything by Ashley, but ’10 Dates’ looks too cute, and Carla’s books are wonderful. Let me know if you give them a chance. Thanks for visiting, Greg. :)

• Kathy @ Books & Munches September 24, 2019 at 2:17 am

I’ve been hearing more and more about 10 Blind Dates and.. I am intrigued! Might have to look into that one more, haha.

Have fun reading! :D

• Rissi JC September 28, 2019 at 11:14 pm

10 Blind Dates is adorable, Kathy! If you enjoy books by an author like Kasie West, I think you’d really like this one. It’s as cute as it sounds. Thanks for the visit. :)

• _tirilu September 24, 2019 at 2:22 am

But five out of seven is so good! Congrats! 😃 I’m almost jealous because I never keep to what I put up for a seasonal or monthly TBR. (That’s why I’m rarely ever make one.)
    I don’t know any of the books you put on your fall TBR though. I have seen Coral on a few other blogs today and I’m curious but The little mermaid was never my favourite fairytale.
    I hope you have fun with your books. Good luck achieving your goal. 😃

• Rissi JC September 28, 2019 at 11:15 pm

I think so too…! But reading five of seven is VERY unusual for me, so I’m celebrating the little victory – and even though I fail at seasonal TBRs, I still have fun creating them. :D Thank you – and thanks for visiting!!

• Lydia September 24, 2019 at 6:49 am

Coral has showed up on a few different lists this week. You all are making me so curious about it.

My TTT.

• Rissi JC September 28, 2019 at 11:18 pm

Really!? That’s so cool! I haven’t visited as many Top Ten Tuesday participants this week, so I’ll have to make some blog hop visits tomorrow and Monday. :) Thanks for visiting, Lydia.

• Kathy Garza September 24, 2019 at 6:57 am

The Solid Grounds Coffee Company??? I like the sounds of that. I’ll put it on my TBR list. Great list of reads Rissi! Happy Autumn! :)

• Rissi JC September 28, 2019 at 11:23 pm

RIGHT!? I love Carla’s first two books in this series (so. good.) so I’m hopeful this one will be as good. Let me know what you think if you read it, Kathy. Thanks for the visit. :)

• Dini @ dinipandareads September 24, 2019 at 7:31 am

I’m such a mood reader so I rarely, if ever, finish a TBR list I set for myself for challenges and the like! 5 of 7 is really great though, well done 😊 I haven’t heard any of these books but I’ll be checking out a few of these romances (10 Blind Dates looks so cute) 😍 Great TTT, Rissi!

My TTT post

• Rissi JC September 28, 2019 at 11:26 pm

I rarely make any progress on a seasonal TBR, but still enjoy creating them from a list-making/creative viewpoint. :) 10 Blind Dates is all kinds of darling. Hope you enjoy if you read it – and thanks for the visit!!

• Candyce @ The Book Dutchesses September 24, 2019 at 8:18 am

I can’t wait to read 10 Blind Dates. I keep seeing it everywhere and it sounds like a book I will love!!

Candyce @ The Book Dutchesses recently posted: TTT #98| Books On My Fall 2019 TBR
    • Rissi JC September 28, 2019 at 11:27 pm

10 Blind Dates is all kinds of darling, Candyce; I’m over halfway through, and thinking it’s way too cute (as the cover/title would suggest). Thanks so much for the visit – and I hope you also enjoy this new book! :)

• Maggie September 24, 2019 at 8:25 am

I’ve seen Coral on a few lists this morning! I love The Little Mermaid, so I may need to give it a shot! Happy reading!

Maggie recently posted: Books to Read in a Leaf Pile
    • Rissi JC September 28, 2019 at 11:28 pm

That’s so cool! I’ve not visited as many of these posts this week, so I love hearing Coral has been shining – it sounds SO interesting. :) Appreciate you visiting today, Maggie; thank you!

• Poinsettia September 24, 2019 at 8:37 am

10 Blind Dates sounds like a lot of fun! I’m adding it to my tbr. Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

• Rissi JC September 28, 2019 at 11:35 pm

10 Blind Dates is SO much fun! I’m over halfway through, and think it’s as adorable as the cover art suggests. :) Thanks so much for the visit.

• Brooke Lorren September 24, 2019 at 10:13 am

I haven’t read any of these, but I hope you like them! Good job getting five out of seven of your seasonal books read. I’ve done pretty well with my seasonal TBRs the last couple of seasons.

• Rissi JC September 28, 2019 at 11:38 pm

That’s awesome; it’s a good feeling when we make progress on those seasonal TBRs! Thanks for visiting, Brooke. :)

• Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse September 24, 2019 at 11:13 am

I hope you get to read all of these this fall and love them! I love that you have so many seasonal reads on here.

• Rissi JC September 28, 2019 at 11:40 pm

Thanks, Deanna. I’m hopeful I’ll read some of these. Appreciate your visit. :)

• Steph@paigesofbooks September 24, 2019 at 12:14 pm

10 Blind Dates is on my TBR as well!!! Great list.

• Rissi JC September 28, 2019 at 11:50 pm

10 Blind Dates is, so far, as cute as its cover art would suggest! Hope you enjoy (let me know if you read it). Thanks for the visit, Steph. :)

• Amber September 24, 2019 at 12:15 pm

10 Blind Dates sounds adorable.

Amber recently posted: Top Ten Books On My Autumn TBR
    • Rissi JC September 28, 2019 at 11:51 pm

Doesn’t it!? And it’s (so far) as cute as it’s cover would suggest! Thanks for the visit, Amber.

• Jess @ Jessticulates September 27, 2019 at 5:16 pm

Great list! I haven’t heard of Coral, so I’ll have to check it out – I don’t read many mermaid books at all.

Jess @ Jessticulates recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday | My Autumn 2019 TBR!
    • Rissi JC September 29, 2019 at 12:00 am

I don’t think I’ve ever read a ‘Little Mermaid’ re-telling, Jess! This one promises to be darker, but hopefully still give us all the fairy tale fangirl “feels” too. :) Thanks for visiting!

• […] know what you’re thinking after reading this title. Yes, ‘tis true I’ve already share my Fall 2019 TBR hopefuls, and rambled about them, but today I’m taking a different approach with this list. Instead of […]