Ten of the Most Exciting New to Shelf Additions

January 20, 2020 28 Comments
new to shelf

Seeing the new additions to fellow bookworm’s shelves is, I suspect something we all enjoy. There’s something about the anticipation of a new release that makes a pretty cover design “pop” all the more. Or the surprise of discovering something we didn’t now existed sitting on a store’s bookshelf, which we, of course, promptly bring home. Needless to say, the idea of talking about exciting new to shelf additions is a topic that seems none too shabby.

BOOK REVIEW | ‘The Map From Here to There’ is a Really Good Novel

I’ll confess most of my ‘ten new to shelf additions’ will be from last month’s (December) book haul since I have as yet to film January’s, but what can I say? A blogger has to keep some things a bit of a mystery… and I do throw on a couple that I didn’t share (but will) in the eventual aforementioned published book haul.

Let’s have a look.

TEN OF THE MOST EXCITING NEW TO SHELF ADDITIONS

(This post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: Suitors and Sabotage by Cindy Anstey

Snagged this one after reading the seasonal delight that is Carols and Chaos; why did I wait so long to read Cindy’s novels? Amazon | Goodreads

2: Virgin River by Robin Carr

I binged Netflix’s Virgin River like nobody’s business, and let me tell you, I LOVED IT. (BRING ON THAT SECOND SEASON.) Will I ever read the book? Who knows (I’m terrible about reading something post-adaptation), but I did pick it up. Amazon | Goodreads

3: The Dating Charade by Melissa Ferguson

A good romantic-comedy is forever my jam, and this one sounds lovely; almost like the era of 30s era zany rom-coms (with persons a touch of Yours, Mine and Ours), which so many love. Amazon | Goodreads

4: Together Forever by Jody Hedlund

If you like historical novels centered on historical events (in this case, the era of orphan trains), no one does them better than Jody Hedlund. Her books are heartfelt and lovely, and so I’m glad my aunt gifted me this one for Christmas. Amazon | Goodreads

5: Meg & Jo by Virgina Kantra

A contemporary re-telling of Little Women… not sure if I will like this one (because some of the things contemporary writer’s seem to want to say or change about these character ISN’T my thing), but I’d like to give this one a fair shot. Have you read it? Amazon | Goodreads

6: A Girl’s Guide to the Outback by Jessica Kate

The author kindly sent me a copy of her sophomore novel, and I’m eager to dig in, and discover the world that is Australia (properly written by an Aussie!). Amazon | Goodreads

7: Call it What You Want by Brigid Kemmerer

No matter how much time has passed, I suspect anytime I see this title, I’ll think of the Taylor Swift song. Just saying. Amazon | Goodreads

8: A Match Made in Mehendi by Nandini Bajpai

YA romance is forever my thing. At least these days it is, and one about match-making sounds even more fun. Amazon | Goodreads

9: The Lost art of Reverie by Rae Walsh

I really haven’t a clue what motivated me to pick up this indie published novel, but I’m pretty sure I was influenced by someone’s book list that included this one. That or I was swayed by its pretty cover, which we know is 100% a possibility. Amazon | Goodreads

10: Would Like to Meet be Rachel Winters

As a fan of romantic-comedies (as we already established in this list), I’m here for this one. Amazon | Goodreads

Ten of the Most Exciting New to Shelf Additions. Talking through ten of my most recent new to shelf additions. #TopTenTuesday #BookNerd #YALit features @JessicaKate05, @JodyHedlund, @SwoonReads + MORE! Click To Tweet

FINDING WONDERLAND on BOOKTUBE

*no Top Ten Tuesday video this week; channel linked above

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl January 21: Ten Most Recent Additions to my Bookshelf

Let’s chat! What are YOUR ten most recent additions to your shelf? Do you buy books (#GUILTY) or do you borrow? Tell me if you’ve read any of these, if you want to, or what you’re anticipating. Let’s chat it up in the comments. If you have a blog or joined in the Top Ten Tuesday meme, leave your links below. It may take me an entire week, but I’d love to come by and visit your bookish spaces.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

ps: please excuse the “disorder.” you can read more about Finding Wonderland’s changes, new follow options and why archive posts are a royal mess in my “Disorder + Feedback” post!

• Greg January 20, 2020 at 11:10 pm

A Girl’s guide to the Outback sounds fun! And Virgin River has been getting good buzz! I haven’t had a chance to check it out yet though.

Have a great week Rissi!

• Rissi January 20, 2020 at 11:16 pm

I agree; ‘Outback’ looks so fun! It’s next on my immediate TBR. “Virgin River” is so good as a Netflix series (really impressed me), so I’d be curious to give the book a chance, but we’ll see if I do. :) Thanks, Greg; you too! Have a great week, and thanks for the visit.

• Marg January 21, 2020 at 4:10 am

I highly recommend the Virgin River series. Start at the beginning and binge to your hearts content!

• Lydia January 21, 2020 at 4:45 am

Happy reading! I hope you enjoy all of these titles.

My TTT .

• Jess @ Jessticulates January 21, 2020 at 5:13 am

Great list! I’ve heard amazing things about Call It What You Want, and I haven’t heard of Meg & Jo but I’ll have to check it out. =)

• Astilbe January 21, 2020 at 5:32 am

Virgin River looks like it could be really interesting!

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

• Dini @ dinipandareads January 21, 2020 at 6:28 am

Great list, Rissi! I can’t wait to read Call It What You Want (that’s been sitting unread on my shelf for too long!) and Would Like to Meet this year. I hope you enjoy all of these reads :)

My TTT

• Dedra @ A Book Wanderer January 21, 2020 at 10:07 am

I haven’t read any of these yet, but several are on my tbr. I have the same feelings about Meg & Jo. I’m intrigued, but nervous. I’ll be anxious to hear what you think!

• Rissi JC February 12, 2020 at 7:19 pm

Here’s hoping “Meg & Jo” is good! I love the idea of all of these “Little Women” stories, so I’m hopeful they’re good to read, too. Thanks so much for the visit, and apologies for the reply delay.

• Ashley S. January 21, 2020 at 11:13 am

The Dating Charade and A Girl’s Guide to the Outback are on my wishlist. They sound like so much fun. Hope you enjoy all these books! :)

• Brooke Lorren January 21, 2020 at 12:52 pm

I love Australia. Meg and Jo sounds interesting, although I can see how you might be nervous for this retelling. I hope you like all of these!

• Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense January 21, 2020 at 2:53 pm

A Match Made in Mehendi looks really cute. I really want to check that one out.

• Rissi JC February 12, 2020 at 7:24 pm

I agree! It looks SO darn cute. Hoping the story is as cute as the cover suggests. Thanks, as always, for the visit, Alicia; and my apologies for the reply delay.

• Anne@HeadFullofBooks January 21, 2020 at 6:09 pm

So many books, so little time. All your books look like so much fun. I hope you enjoy them. Nonfiction titles of the past decade

• Tiffany @ String of Pages January 21, 2020 at 9:07 pm

i love suitors and sabotage! hope you enjoy that one too. also i’ve been meaning to read call it what you want for a while, hopefully i could do it soon.

Tiffany @ String of Pages recently posted: New to the Bookshelf!
  • Felicia January 21, 2020 at 10:02 pm

Great list! I hope you enjoy them all!

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads January 28, 2020 at 1:29 pm

Would Like To Meet, A Match Made in Mehendi and Call It What You Want all sound so good and I can’t wait to read them