Hey, Friday! Where ya been hiding? Regardless of this day dragging in its arrival, it’s here and we’re ready to recap and share some pop culture news edition twenty-three stories! I feel like each week it’s a STRUGGLE to find some. Maybe it’s because they’re “too silly” or maybe it’s just because I cannot find any that read as that interesting. Either way, the same holds true for this week. That said, we’re going to press onwards and try to find some because it’s the Friday rule.POP CULTURE NEWS EDITION TWENTY-THREE: DISNEY + HALLMARK + TWITTER COMMENTS #THECOMMENTSSECTION #GOODMOVIES #LINDSAYLOHAN #ANASTASIA #CHESSIES #HALLMARKIES Click To Tweet
Each one the one constant is TV things whether it’s a new show or someone leaving a show or just some drama about a TV show. Same is true of this week, however I did dig up a couple. Some of which I don’t know that anyone will find interesting. But let’s wade in… because it’s just what we do.
POP CULTURE NEWS EDITION TWENTY-THREE
1: COMEBACK KID
Lindsey Lohan (which by the way, did you see the thing about her name actually being pronounced low-an?) has signed a two picture deal with Netflix. Not sure if this includes her upcoming Christmas rom-com heading to the streamer at the end of this year, but either way, you better believe I’ll definitely be watching her seasonal rom-com. From there, we’ll see what her other films are set to be.
2: DISNEY+ DRAMA
Disney took off the animated Fox film (which they supposedly bought the rights to) Anastasia from their Disney+ streaming service. They say it’s over “contract issues,” but really, do we believe this? I mean if they bought the rights, where’s the issue? I don’t know. Just seems pretty dang convenient based on world events that all of the sudden thus film that is set in a certain country is taken down.
Also, they have nerve to remove this title based solely on the fact that it’s one of my favorite from childhood. I mean, come on! Quite ruining childhood favorites (they already did with the animated remake of Mulan which doesn’t come close to the 2008 animated movie). Also, speaking of Disney+, they’re going to launch an ad supported option for a lesser cost by the end of this year. Would this entice you to subscribe? I’m still going to say it’s “no” from me.
3: HALLMARK HAPPENINGS
Recently Jesse Metcalfe said he’d return to Chesapeake Shores if it meant better resolution for Abby and Trace. He made comments in the past that he left because he didn’t like the direction the script was taking his character (good for him) and that he didn’t like that the writer’s weren’t leading to Trace and Abby being endgame. I would tend to agree with this in this type of relationship. Writers had done so much to keep a fan like me invested and caring about their relationship only to then decide, “eh! Let’s do something different.” This is one of my most annoying TV fandom tropes, and it’s something I didn’t like about the USA Network show Covert Affairs.
Also in Hallmark news, it’s being reported Lacey Chabert has inked an exclusive multi-movie deal with Hallmark. This after news has been breaking about multiple stars (like Jessica Lowndes, Trevor Donovan, Jen Lilley and more) signing with newer network GAC.
4: LOOKING FOR A LAUGH?
Do you ever read the comment section on a post? I do. Not as avidly as some probably do because I just can’t. However I found this new show called The Comments Section with Brett Cooper. So far, it’s hilarious! I love the comments she pulls to read and it makes the experience more fun to see her reaction to some. The show is with Daily Wire, but is on Youtube.
- Ramona and Beezus and The Kissing Booth star Joey King is engaged. This comes years after lots of relationship drama with ex, Jacob Elordi, her The Kissing Booth co-star.
- More than one star is coming after Kirstie Alley after she tweeted that she wasn’t sure what’s real vs not about current world stage events, so instead she’ll “pray.” Stars like Maks Chmerkovskiy and Leah Remini are calling her names and saying she doesn’t care. Honestly, I think their take deserves just as much scrutiny as they’re dishing out. Alley’s statement about the stories is true. There is a LOT of different narratives out there. Let her pray, and assume she’s sincere, and you worry about you and what you’re going to do. As one pop culture show says, we cannot imagine what Maks is feeling, who was reported as being in his native Ukraine for work during the start of everything, but to assume someone isn’t sincere in their prayers is a BIG assumption. Also, Maks’ accusation of Kirstie (including dredging up that she was once very opinionated during hurricane Sandy about offering aid) doesn’t really fit this situation in the same way. Emotionally his response has weight. Logically, it’s not as much of a win.
- Sarah Hyland joins Adam Devine in the spin-off Peacock TV show currently being called Pitch Perfect. Devine will reprise his role from the films and from the sound of things, it’ll mostly be set in Germany.
- Anyone have thoughts on all of the toxic work environment accusations about the TV show Euphoria?
- Shailene Woodley and Aaron Rogers are reportedly “talking” in the aftermath of their recent engagement breakup.
- Oh! Did you see this? The teen comedy Aquamarine turned 16! I mean… does anyone else feel old?
Usual questions apply! Did you spy any of these this week? What’d you think? Did any make you laugh? Or did you scratch your head and go, whyyy? Let’s chat in the comments and discuss.
PINTEREST PIN – SAVE & SHARE
Thank you for visiting! Please, do come back soon.