Top Ten Tuesday | Books I Need to Read by Favorite Authors

September 24, 2018 Rissi JC 28 Comments

Top Ten Tuesday | Books I Need to Read by Favorite Authors

Hello, readers and friends. Like it does every week, Tuesday is here again. All of my fellow bookworms knows what this means. It’s Top Ten Tuesday time.

That Artsy Reader Girl September 25: Books By My Favorite Authors That I Still Haven’t Read

(This post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details.)

When it comes to favorite authors, I feel like I devour their books in record time. But on occasion some of those backlist titles slip past my notice. Some favorite authors and the books I have not read by them will be down below. Looking over this list, I realize lots of these books are “on repeat” titles. When the same books keep appearing on lists, this is when I kind of know I’m way behind on some of those favorite authors and their respective backlist of titles.

On the list is young adult fiction, mysteries and of course, romance (because I’m a romantic of a sort). Their genres notwithstanding, all are must-reads for various reasons. Let’s get to taking a look-see.

Top Ten Tuesday | Books I Need to Read by Favorite Authors

1: The One by Kiera Cass | Haven’t read this one yet despite having fond memories of The Selection, which was probably my first YA read. I know, I’m old-fashioned and am behind the pop culture, “cool” times. Amazon | Goodreads

2: Chasing Secrets by Lynette Eason | This is one of my favorites suspense series ever! It’s about a group of female bodyguards and is just so good. Which begs the question: why haven’t I read this fourth novel!? Amazon | Goodreads

3: A Loyal Heart by Jody Hedlund | What a fun surprise it is to discover Jody releasing not one but two more medieval romances in her YA series. The first three books are charming and delightful, so I anticipate not only this novel, but also her newest, A Worthy Rebel. Amazon | Goodreads

4: Just Between You and Me by Jenny B. Jones | Jenny is my go-to funny reads author. Her books are contemporary bliss in book format. This is why I cannot believe I haven’t yet read this one! Or her newest novel for that matter. Time to dust these pretties off. Amazon | Goodreads

5: Murder at the Flamingo by Rachel McMillan | Despite not being an avid historical reader, I do love a good Rachel McMillan novel. This is why it’s a bit surprising for me to discover I’ve yet to read the first novel in her newest series. I mean, the cover alone looks like my kind of bookish party. Amazon | Goodreads

6: Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins | Loved Anna and her Parisian adventures, and I enjoyed Lola’s story, so why haven’t I read Isla’s!? Amazon | Goodreads

7: Geek Girl: Model Misfit by Holly Smale | Love the ‘Geek Girl,’ Harriet Manners. Needless to say, I need to revisit her fun world of misfits. Amazon | Goodreads

8: Rescue Me by Susan May Warren | Oh, look at this. One of last week’s titles makes it onto this week’s list too! *aka I should read this one asap* Amazon | Goodreads

9: Reclaiming Shilo Snow by Mary Weber | Reading book two in Mary’s latest duo is a must on my to-read-in-2018 list! Considering how rapid this year is approaching its close, I’d say I’d best get to reading. (Also, who else things her upcoming novel sounds amazing!?) Amazon | Goodreads

10: By Your Side by Kasie West | It’s Kasie West. Those of you who’ve read this blog for any length of time knows this is enough said. Amazon | Goodreads

BONUS! Authors who also fit on this list include: Sarah Sundin,

FINDING WONDERLAND on BOOKTUBE*

*video publishes Tuesday afternoon; channel linked above

Tell me, who do you count as favorites? Which of their books haven’t you yet read? Which ones are you most anxious to read!? Comment all the bookish thoughts down below.

If you joined today’s meme, make sure and leave your Top Ten Tuesday links below so I can visit – or simply introduce your blog. I’d be glad to visit your bookish spaces.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland.

• Chrissi Reads September 24, 2018 at 11:26 pm

I’d quite like to finish the Geek Girl series. I think I’ve only got one book to go! :-) Great list!

• Rissi JC September 24, 2018 at 11:35 pm

How fun! I don’t own all of the ‘Geek Girl’ series books because they haven’t all been released by Harper (the U.S. editions). Now I’m wondering if they place to continue with the series!?

Thanks for the visit, Chrissi! :)

• Lauren @ Always Me September 24, 2018 at 11:39 pm

I really liked the first Geek Girl book – I should really continue the series… Happy reading!

• Greg September 24, 2018 at 11:53 pm

Murder at the Flamingo definitely looks like an awesome read! I need to bookmark that one and add to the TBR. I love a good historical mystery.

• Anne@Headfullofbooks September 25, 2018 at 12:37 am

Good luck finishing up your favorite authors’ book. Sometimes it feels like we are chasing our tails, huh? I went off the board this week and listed my favorite banned books since it is banned books week. My TTT Favorite Banned Books

• Brooke Lorren September 25, 2018 at 1:56 am

I haven’t read The Selection series, but it’s pretty popular. Maybe someday.

• Shealea @ That Bookshelf Bitch September 25, 2018 at 2:03 am

Aaaaah, I love the pretty photos. Must have taken a lot of effort from you. I haven’t finished Kiera Cass’ The Selection series either.

• Rissi JC September 25, 2018 at 1:42 pm

Thanks for the kind words, Shealea. Here’s hoping we both enjoy the remaining ‘Selection’ books we have to read. :)

Thanks for the visit.

• Candyce @ The Book Dutchesses September 25, 2018 at 7:31 am

Isla was my favorite out of those three books. So I definitely recommend reading that one.

Here is my TTT: https://thebookdutchesses.com/2018/09/25/ttt-46-books-by-my-favorite-authors-that-i-still-havent-read/

• Rissi JC September 25, 2018 at 1:46 pm

Hooray! I’m so glad to know this, Candyce. I’m certainly most eager to read ‘Isla.’ :)

Thanks for the visit.

• Victoria @ The Contented Reader September 25, 2018 at 8:41 am

I read my first Kasie West book this year and really enjoyed it! I definitely have to read more. Which one is your favourite that you would recommend? Happy Reading!

My TTT: https://thecontentedreader.ca/2018/09/25/top-ten-tuesday-16-books-by-my-favourite-authors/

• Rissi JC September 25, 2018 at 1:49 pm

I love all of the books I’ve read by Kasie (so far). If I had to choose, I’d say either Lucky in Love (though I think I’m the unpopular opinion here) or On the Fence. Hope you enjoy more from Kasie if you read more, Victoria!! Thanks for the visit. :)

• ShootingStarsMag September 25, 2018 at 9:46 am

It’s tough when I find a new-to-me author, or I just finally read one of their books and then I have a ton of backlist titles I need to get to. LOL From your list, I have read Isla and the Happily Ever After though and I really liked it.

-Lauren

• Rissi JC September 25, 2018 at 1:50 pm

Glad to know ‘Isla’ is good, Lauren! I agree. It is tough. But at the time time, it’s kind of fun to know we have ALL these stories yet to discover. :)

Thanks for the visit.

• Dani September 25, 2018 at 11:28 am

Oh my word, I loooove Isla and the Happily Ever After!
    Dani @ The Restricted Section

• Poinsettia September 25, 2018 at 5:30 pm

I haven’t read any of these, but I like the sound of the Jody Hedlund books! Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

• Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense September 25, 2018 at 5:57 pm

I know a lot of people didn’t enjoy By Your Side as much as Kasie West’s other novels, but it’s actually one of my favorites of hers. I hope you enjoy!

• Jazz @ Jazmin Jade Reviews September 25, 2018 at 7:26 pm

I have yet to do any Stephanie Perkins books, and it fills me with shame.

• Aj @ Read All The Things! September 25, 2018 at 9:28 pm

You always take the best photos for these posts. I haven’t read any of these books, but I hope you enjoy them!