LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO… 12 FAVORITE BOOK NERDS. A TOP TEN TUESDAY LIST OF FAVORITE BOOKISH CHARACTERS WE LOVE. TEXT © RISSI JC

LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO… 13 FAVORITE BOOK NERDS

May 9, 2022 25 Comments

We all love books. Pretty sure that’s pretty evident based on the fact that we, in a weekly fashion, join in a meme that’s all about (or at least 99% of the time) promoting books. However, how often to be meet characters in the pages of books that we relate to or remind us of… us? That’s right today we meet a few of the favorite book nerd characters we all know (?) and love (?).

LIST | ONE RANDOM QUIZ + A LIST: SOME OF OUR FAVORITE MOTHERS FROM TV
LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO… 13 FAVORITE BOOK NERDS #TOPTENTUESDAY #LIST #BOOKLIST #BOOKNERD #BOOKWORM #READER #AMREADING #READERS #READING Click To Tweet

Oddly enough I find it hard to find book worm characters in fiction. I don’t know why this is, but I don’t seem to run across them a whole lot. Nonetheless  shall endeavor to find some to create today’s list because I’m always and forever all about a good book nerd or simply a character who loves to write. Whatever the case, let’s see who on my shelf has this charming trait.

13 FAVORITE BOOK NERD CHARACTERS

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thank you to anyone who makes a purchase through these links. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: BECCA from THE UPSIDE OF FALLING

This novel was one of my favorites from 2020 just because it’s all kinds of cute and you all know, that’s my most favorite! Amazon | Goodreads

2:  BELLE from BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

Technically this character may have been a “movie first” character (yes? No?), but I cannot let a list like this go without mention of Belle. If for no reason other than don’t we all want her library? Shop the 2017 adaptation on Amazon Video

3: ELIZABETH BENNET from PRIDE & PREJUDICE

Just iconic. And that’s all I have to say. Amazon Shop the Book | Goodreads | Shop the 2005 adaptation digitally on Amazon Video

4: NORA BRADFORD from TRUE TO YOU

This book is all kinds of stunning if you like contemporary. Really, Becky’s novels are solid all the way around if you like more than just “fluff” in contemporary (though I don’t mind). Plus in True to You we have a lovely character who loves books and it’s just… ideal reading. Amazon | Goodreads

5: LARA JEAN COVEY from TO ALL THE BOYS I’VE LOVED BEFORE

I’m always going to like Lara Jean. She’s just a delightful and lovely character. Amazon | Goodreads

6: MARIANNE DASHWOOD from SENSE & SENSIBILITY

I mean, come on, Marianne is pretty bookish, right? She’s perhaps not in the way Lizzie is or even her sister Elinor but Marianne loves poetry and is quite the romantic. We can agree, she fits fine, right? Amazon Shop the Book | Goodreads | Shop the 2008 miniseries digitally on Amazon Video

7: JANE HAYWORTH from AUSTENLAND

Pretty sure an Austen fanatic qualifies for this list. Plus, we #RELATE, right? Shop the film adaptation digitally on Amazon Video

8: NINA HILL from THE BOOKISH LIFE OF NINA HILL

Sadly I didn’t really love this novel and I wanted to… so badly! But I think most everyone I see chat about it thought it was fun, so likely, this is a “me not you” kind of situation. Amazon |Goodreads

9: SARAH HOLLENBECK from THE SECRET LIFE OF SARAH HOLLENBECK

This is one of those “sassy” inspirational (or Christian) romance novels that’s just lovely. Definitely something I thoroughly enjoyed and its protagonist is a romance novelist! Amazon |Goodreads

what I like about you book
10: KELS from WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU

Who doesn’t love to meet a fun book blogger inside the pages of a super cute book!? I sure do! Amazon | Goodreads

11: LIBBY KINGSLEY from UNTIL I MET YOU

Is there anyone who likes books more than a librarian?  Amazon ǀ Goodreads

12: JOSEPHINE MARCH from JO & LAURIE

Originally from Little Women, of course, I’m adding Jo from the YA novel Jo & Laurie since I’ve read it and not Louisa May Alcott’s classic story. That said, of course I do love the film adaptations based on Alcott’s stories and Jo’s scribbles are always to be admired.  Amazon | Bookshop.org Goodreads

13: ANNE SHIRLEY from ANNE OF GREEN GABLES

Don’t think I’ve ever read an ‘Anne’ novel, but I grew up “on repeat” watching the 80s classics so I do adore this character. Amazon 8-Box Set | Goodreads | Shop the DVD

Now let’s hear from you! Have you met any of these characters? Do you like any of them? Have you met any of them? Which ones would like enjoy meeting still? I’m sure I could find more, but one has to stop somewhere! Comment all your comments below! Let’s chat.

Sincere thanks, as always, for taking  time to visit! I hope you visit again and stay awhile. My sincere apologies it takes so long to reply to your comments and visit your spaces. Just know I see and appreciate your thoughts and comments and will make every good effort to respond to your below comments promptly! Thank you for being here.

PINTEREST PIN – SAVE & SHARE

Thank you for visiting; please, do come back soon.

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl May 10: Bookish Characters (these could be readers, writers, authors, librarians, professors, etc.)

• Anne@HeadFullofBooks May 10, 2022 at 12:19 AM

I learned some new bookish characters from your list. I totally misread the prompt. You did it right, I didn’t but I did make a fun-to-explore list. Check it out at Characters in Real Life

• Rissi JC May 10, 2022 at 9:56 PM

It’s always fun to do something a little different with the prompts! We love being a little creative, too. Thanks for visiting, Anne.

• Michael @ The Book Lovers' Sanctuary May 10, 2022 at 1:01 AM

If you include Lizzie Bennet, what about Jane Eyre? And I did find Nina Hill joyfully sweet – she made my list too.
    These are my favourite bookish characters.

• Rissi JC May 11, 2022 at 6:19 PM

I don’t remember a lot about ‘Nina Hill,’ but do remember I didn’t love the book as much as I wanted too. Glad she made your list – and thanks for visiting!

• Rae | HerSerialLife.com May 10, 2022 at 2:01 AM

Fantastic list! There are so many great bookish characters out there of all age, shape, and form. Book nerds are always my favorite characters, maybe because I’m one myself 🤓😀…
    Have a great week

Rae | HerSerialLife.com recently posted: My Top 10 Favorite Bookish Characters | #TTT
    • Rissi JC May 11, 2022 at 6:22 PM

Right? We love these characters we can relate to. :) Thanks for the visit, Rae.

• Lydia May 10, 2022 at 5:34 AM

Belle is a great choice.

• Rissi JC May 11, 2022 at 7:35 PM

I mean, we cannot have such a list without, Belle! :)

• Paula Shreckhise May 10, 2022 at 6:55 AM

Wonderland Creek by Lynn Austin has a great character who gets plopped into a primitive library in Appalachia. I love stories with bookish heroines. Pepper Basham has one in Hope Between the Pages, a dual time treasure.

• Rissi JC May 11, 2022 at 7:36 PM

You know, I think someone recommended “Wonderland Creek” once and I had it on a birthday list for myself. I know I haven’t read it but cannot remember if I own it or not… :) Thanks for the recommendation, Paula.

• Angela May 10, 2022 at 7:43 AM

While Beauty and the Beast is not my favorite Disney movie (it’s close, though!), I’ll always have a place in my heart for Belle the bookworm!

• Rissi JC May 11, 2022 at 7:37 PM

I have to love Belle in the bookworm role, Angela. She’s just too good a character to miss in lists like this. :)

• Deanna (A Novel Glimpse) May 10, 2022 at 9:56 AM

Oh, Belle. Love that choice. She’s the quintessential bookworm.

• Rissi JC May 11, 2022 at 7:39 PM

Well said – and YES 100% she is. :) Thanks for visiting, Deanna.

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads May 10, 2022 at 1:23 PM

What I Like About You and The Upside of Falling are two books on my TBR, so I hope to read them soon :) Also, love Belle, Elizabeth and Lara Jean!

• Rissi JC May 11, 2022 at 7:40 PM

YAY! Hope you enjoy, Lindsey. Let me know if you read them. They’re just fun. :) Thanks, as always, for making time to visit.

• Jo May 10, 2022 at 4:51 PM

I mean Beauty and The Beast was a fairytale first, so technically Belle was a book character first, so I think you could absolutely say she’s a book character, or at least a version of one!

Jo recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #367
    • Rissi JC May 11, 2022 at 7:45 PM

YES! I did win that add on then. ;) I wasn’t sure because, honestly, while I thought it was a fairytale first, I do wonder if it was Disney that first made her a book-ish characterization? I don’t know. Either way, I think it’s a win. :D Thanks so much for visiting, Jo.

• Cindy Davis May 10, 2022 at 6:48 PM

I think you did great! I totally changed the direction I was supposed to be going today. I feel like I need to take notes of the books I am reading in order to do prompts like this. I don’t always remember later!

Cindy Davis recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday-Brides
    • Rissi JC May 11, 2022 at 7:46 PM

Right? Totally understand this. I forget the specifics of characters as well. :)

• […] LIST | LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO… 13 FAVORITE BOOK NERDS […]

• Brittany May 12, 2022 at 11:55 PM

How did I forget Elizabeth?!?! Great list :)

• Rissi JC May 19, 2022 at 11:14 AM

Right? She’s ideal for this list! :)

• Gwendolyn Gage May 13, 2022 at 2:53 PM

This is a great list, Rissi! Have you read “To Win Her Heart” by Karen Witemeyer? The heroine and hero of the story get to know each other through a love of books. :-)

• Rissi JC May 19, 2022 at 11:17 AM

I cannot remember honestly, Gwendolyn. I have read some of Karen’s books (years) ago and her covers are DARLING. At a minimum I do think I could have owned it, but that doesn’t mean anything. ;)