Top Ten Tuesday March 5

10 Epic Characters To Swap Lives With | Top Ten Tuesday

March 4, 2019 34 Comments

Hey, everyone. It’s a new week which means 1: a new week of blogging at Finding Wonderland and 2: a new edition of the meme that always gets said week started here. That’s right, it’s Top Ten Tuesday March 5 edition.

That Artsy Reader Girl | March 5: Characters I’d Like To Switch Places With (submitted by Sara @ A Gingerly Review)

Top Ten Tuesday March 5

I found this one fun, but also a challenge because I don’t think I think much about swapping lives with people – fictional or otherwise. Still, there are some characters whose lives seem as though they’d be super fun to swap places with. Even if only for a little while. I think I’d miss the people in my life too much to want anything to be permanent.

Below are ten characters that have lives, careers or live in worlds I wouldn’t mind swapping lives with. Just not permanently. At least I don’t think so.

*Also as I put this together, I couldn’t help but notice it feels suspiciously like last week’s list. *shrugs* I put them together (in part) a while back so I didn’t feel like revamping them. The characters are fabulous, so…

Top Ten Tuesday March 5

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: Juliet Ashton from The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society | Ah, Juliet. Who wouldn’t want to meet the lovely people she befriends on Guernsey? Plus, it might be a bit of a fun adventure to receive as many roses as she does. Amazon | Goodreads

2: Bachelor Girls from The Bachelor Girl’s Guide to Murder| Because who doesn’t like the idea of solving a fun case, plus these besties just seem to have so much fun! Amazon | Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday March 5

3: Belle from Beauty and the Beast | Um, one word: library! Amazon | Goodreads (Belle’s Library)

4: Lizzie Bennet from The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet | Because she’s opinionated, determined and doesn’t let people change who she is. Also, there’s Darcy. Amazon | Goodreads

5: Evelyn or Philippa Hapwell from The Light Between Worlds | Is it odd that I add these two having never read this story? Yes? I think so too. Amazon | Goodreads

6: Marvel Characters from the MCU | Ok, so I’d only want to change places with these characters on a day in which they aren’t under attack. I’d not survive otherwise. Still, wouldn’t it be cool to be an Avenger?? Rent or own The Avengers on Amazon Video

7: Mary Poppins from Mary Poppins | Because she’s classy, and everything we should strive to be. Amazon | Goodreads | Find Mary Poppins Returns on Amazon

Top Ten Tuesday March 5

8: Merry Men from Robin Hood (or Sherwood) | Again, another world I’d only want to visit on a day in which this band wasn’t being pursued by the baddies. Amazon | Goodreads | Robin Hood (BBC) on DVD

*Yes, I again used Meagan’s Hunted in my book photo.

9: Samantha Moore from Dear Mr. Knightley | This girl and her love letter romance is THE sweetest story. Amazon | Goodreads

10: Susannah Truitt from Once Upon a Prince | Because she meets, and captures the heart of a prince! *swoon* Amazon | Goodreads | Once Upon a Prince (Hallmark) digitally on Amazon Video

FINDING WONDERLAND on BOOKTUBE

*video publishes Tuesday afternoon; channel linked above

10 Epic Characters To Swap Lives With | Top Ten Tuesday March 5: Talking about more books, and all the characters who are AWESOME! Click To Tweet

Tell me, what characters would you like to switch places with? Would it be for a day, a visit or forever? Share all of your bookish thoughts below! Let’s chat all the character’s we’d swap lives with!

If you joined Top Ten Tuesday – or have a blog, please introduce yourself below. I’d be glad to visit your bookish spaces, too.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

ps: please excuse the “disorder.” you can read more about Finding Wonderland’s changes, new follow options and why archive posts are a royal mess in my “Disorder + Feedback” post!

• Greg March 4, 2019 at 11:23 pm

Sooo many awesome Avengers. Can I just have Vision’s pwers please? Intangibility would be so awesome lol. Okay and Merry Men too? Yes I’d be all over hanging out in sherwood with (good) outlaws…

• Rissi March 4, 2019 at 11:50 pm

SO many powers do the Avengers have; most of which seem as though they’d be FUN to have for a day. Also, I like that you single out Ant-Man on your list. Thanks for the visit, Greg!! :)

• Melanie Parker March 4, 2019 at 11:24 pm

Can’t believe I didn’t think of Belle! Great list!

• Rissi March 4, 2019 at 11:49 pm

She’s a fabulous character! Thanks for the visit, Melanie. :)

• Chrissi Reads March 4, 2019 at 11:31 pm

Belle?- Yes please! I’d love to be her!

• Rissi March 4, 2019 at 11:48 pm

Right!? Same here. Glad you stopped by, Chrissi. :)

• Anne@Headfullofbooks March 4, 2019 at 11:32 pm

My list is much less inspired than yours. I love that you put Mary Poppins on your list. My TTT

• Louise @ Foxes and Fairy Tales March 5, 2019 at 3:46 am

Hmm… You’ve made me really intrigued to read The Light Between Worlds now!

My TTT this week.

• Astilbe March 5, 2019 at 5:54 am

Mary Poppins is such a fun choice.

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

Astilbe recently posted: Sun Storm by Marlow Kelly
  • Jess @ Jessticulates March 5, 2019 at 6:35 am

Great list! I would 1000000% be Belle if it meant I got that library!

• Lydia March 5, 2019 at 7:08 am

I mentioned some superheroes in my list this week, too. If you’re going to switch live with someone, it might as well be with someone who has special powers!

My Top Ten Tuesday post.

• Sofia March 5, 2019 at 9:47 am

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society was such a good movie! I really need to read it as well :)

• Jo March 5, 2019 at 9:49 am

Yes, I would definitely swap places with Belle, if only for the Beast’s Library!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/03/05/top-ten-tuesday-201/

• Dani March 5, 2019 at 11:29 am

Belle’s sweet, sweet library. I’m never going to stop dreaming of that.

• Brooke Lorren March 5, 2019 at 12:47 pm

I wouldn’t mind spending a year or two in Belle’s library either…

I guess everything worked out for Evelyn and Philippa… although they did go through a lot of grief before it all worked out.

So many of these characters go through so much grief…

• Rissi JC March 11, 2019 at 10:58 pm

Ugh. Grief is never fun. But still, the story does sound interesting, and I AGREE! There is so many characters who have to deal with tragedy. This is why I’m always and forever a happy-read girl. ;)

Thanks so much for the visit, Brooke!!

• Jenn March 5, 2019 at 1:35 pm

I thought about putting Juliet on my list, too. Such a fantastic character.

• Sarah @ SWB March 5, 2019 at 3:23 pm

I didn’t include movie characters in mine but an avenger would be fun!

Here’s my TTT

Sarah @ SWB recently posted: Six For Sunday – Favourite Authors
  • Aj @ Read All The Things! March 5, 2019 at 7:30 pm

I’d happily put up with the beast to get access to that library!

• Tracy @ Cornerfolds March 5, 2019 at 7:40 pm

Belle is such a great pick! I’d love to be in her shoes after she gets her happily ever after!

• Amanda Holmes March 5, 2019 at 10:19 pm

I really need to read Hunted!
    I feel like I should of had a lot of these on my list. Like Juliet, Belle, and Samantha. Great choices.;)

• Rissi JC March 11, 2019 at 11:24 pm

Same here. It sounds like lots of fun though.

I often have the same reaction, Amanda; visiting other participant’s TTT’s makes me realize I overlook so many books or in the case of this week’s post, characters. Thanks for the visit. :)