Hey, there, everyone. Welcome to Finding Wonderland! As always, I’m so glad to have you drop by and if this is your first visit, hi. Thanks for hanging out. Instead of the usual monthly wrap up, I’ve been doing a two-month mingle of things, which leads to today’s July and August 2021 blogging rewind.
Here we are, bidding adieu to eight months of 2021! Cannot believe this, but regardless, let’s do this thing.
»NEW DISCOVERIES AND SUCH«
1: Cancel Culture. So. I said some things on Instagram about Cancel Culture and I just want to say, thanks to everyone who had kind things to say.
2: Music. Last time I mentioned how much I was enjoy the song ‘My God is Still the Same.’ I’m certainly on a Christian music kick again (I used to listen to it exclusively), and want to know: what tunes in that genre or artists do YOU recommend?
3: Ten Years. August tenth marked ten years for this space. I’m grateful, sad and unsure about this all in the same weird bundle of nerves or questions, or something. But while I don’t know what this will mean for the future, we have been celebrating these ten years here (a lot!) all through August. I didn’t intend to take it all the way through August, but I “had” to for the fun of it.
What I do want to say is this; thank you to everyone who left a kind comment about the ten years. I appreciate this. Thank you to anyone who has been with me for most of those ten years, and if you’re a newbie, hello and welcome. Please, do comment and introduce yourself, or join the conversation. I’m glad you’re here.
»Favorite Blog Posts: July and August 2021 Blogging Rewind«
(Blog posts that, while not necessarily the most popular, were fun to write)
1: [July] 20 YEARS LATER: ON THIS DAY CELEBRATE ‘LEGALLY BLONDE’ + A QUIZ! | LOVE. THIS. MOVIE.
2: [July] ‘ALMOST PARADISE,’ SEASON ONE: A FUN ISLAND CRIME DRAMA | A book IMDb TV show with Christian Kane.
3: [July] CELEBRATE ‘CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER,’ 10 YEARS LATER + A QUIZ | I mean, it’s Captain America!
4: [August] ‘MY LIFE IS MURDER,’ SERIES TWO: LUCY LAWLESS RETURNS AS FIESTY & FUN DETECTIVE | This one is SO good (and just started its second season in the U.S.)
5: [August] THE ROMANCE OF EDDIE AND JAMIE FROM BLUE BLOODS (OTP FAVORITES!) | Adore these two.A JULY AND AUGUST 2021 BLOGGING REWIND #BLOGGERLIFE #BLOGGING #READERS #READING Click To Tweet
6: [July] ‘SAND DOLLAR COVE’: ONE OF THE BETTER ‘SUMMER NIGHTS’ ROMANCE | A dang cute Hallmark with Chad Michael Murray.
7: [July] SHUT UP! 20 YEARS LATER: CELEBRATE ‘THE PRINCESS DIARIES’ | Still love this movie. So. Much.
8: [August] THE THREE LOVE STORIES OF ‘CHESAPEAKE SHORES’ (OTP TV FAVORITES!) | Because I love these characters.
9: [August] SOME FAVORITE PERIOD DRAMAS FROM THE LAST TEN YEARS | Because I adore period drama!
10: [August] WHERE DID KINDNESS GO? THOUGHTS ON THE IMPACT OF SOCIAL MEDIA | A legitimate question I genuinely have. (And BTW, being “nice” doesn’t mean you cannot debate and disagree.)
⇉ THROWBACK FAVORITES | aka the section in which we take a peek at what I was writing about or posting this time last year.
- 1: 12 of the Most Fun Half-Hour TV Shows
- 2: ‘Always Be My Maybe’ is the Cute But Imperfect Netflix Romance
- 3: ‘The Beautician & the Beast’ is the Good Time Modern Fairytale
- 4: ‘Burden of Truth,’ Season One: A Good Legal Drama
- 5: The Favorite Workplace Romance OTPs!
- 6: Go on a Journey in ‘Rip Tide,’ a Good Movie
- 7: ‘Listen to your Heart’: Enjoy the Perfect Any Day Read!
- 8: ‘Love, Guaranteed’: A Flawed but Fun Netflix Rom-Com
- 9: Meet ‘Enola Holmes’ in the Fun New Netflix Original
- 10: This is the Sound of ‘Folklore’ New Taylor Swift Ranked!
» Monthly Popular Posts / July and August 2021 «
- 1: 20 Happy & Silly Movies to Watch on a Night In (Just Because)
- 2: 23 of the Best Most Wholesome Romantic-Comedies
- 3: NEW UPTV JUNE 2021 SCHEDULE: ‘JUNE GROOMS’ ROMANCE MOVIES!
- 4: NEW UPTV APRIL AND MAY 2021 MOVIE ROMANCE PREMIERES
- 5: 16 ROMANCE MOVIES ABOUT FALLING IN LOVE THROUGH LETTERS
- 6: 20+ of the Best Cozy Movies to Stay in With!
- 7: 11 of the Best Cozy British Mystery Shows (and Where to See Them!)
»Popular Posts the Week of August 24 – 31 «
- 1: 23 of the Best Most Wholesome Romantic-Comedies
- 2: 20 Happy & Silly Movies to Watch on a Night In (Just Because)
- 3: ‘Forever in My Heart’ is a Beautiful Irish Hallmark Romance
- 4: 16 ROMANCE MOVIES ABOUT FALLING IN LOVE THROUGH LETTERS
- 5: NEW HALLMARK AUGUST 2021 SCHEDULE: MORE ‘SUMMER NIGHTS’ & THE RETURN OF A FAVORITE FAMILY
- 6: NEW UPTV JUNE 2021 SCHEDULE: ‘JUNE GROOMS’ ROMANCE MOVIES!
- 7: NEW UPTV APRIL AND MAY 2021 MOVIE ROMANCE PREMIERES
»Finding Wonderland Book Videos | July & August 2021 «
- BOOKS I DO BUT DON’T WANT TO READ (YEAH I KNOW)
- ANOTHER BOOK HAUL (+ A LITTLE WRAP UP): JULY 2021
- THE BOOK EMOJI TAG: 2021 EDITION
- ANTICIPATED READS OF 2021: PART 2!!
- JUNE 2021 BOOK HAUL (NO WRAP UP)
»Books Read | July and August Rewind « Just another “copy and paste” reading situation.
There we are, another end of month close, and with it another two month Finding Wonderland “wrap up.” Tell me, did you discover any AMAZING new books? Bloggers? Booktubers? Bookstagram accounts? I’d love to “meet” these new accounts and the people behind them; or are you a newbie in this world? What are you looking forward to for the rest of the summer!? Please introduce yourself! Tell me about your new finds, people, or the books you’ve read… or anything goes.
Thank you for visiting! Please, do come back soon.
please excuse the “disorder.” you can read more about Finding Wonderland’s changes, new follow options and why archive posts are a mess in my “Disorder + Feedback” post!